US horse racing betting

Hi , i am newbie in horse race betting. i want to play show bets in US horse racing tracks. with my personnal selection i have always found at least the winner or/and the 2nd or/and the 3rd horse at the finish line in my 5 horse selection (race with more than 10 horses). the problem is that the show bet payoffs are too small , and i have to select and bet on 5 horses every race in order to have at least 1 horse or 2 horses or all the top 3 in my bet selection. i don't know if this strategy will work, i am lookinf for any advise on how and where to bet with the best odds and good ROI ? thank you chardonnier

Re: US horse racing betting To find out if this strategy works for you, you will need to test it out. You said you that already. I mean does it show a profit? If not, you have to make the decision if you want to further pursue it. You could also try to test this strategy "on paper" for a while, before using real money, in order to find out if it works or not, but without losing money. For me it doesn't sound like a viable strategy. Can't think you can make a long term profit. Usually betting isn't that easy. And place odds are generally way lower than winning odds, so you would require a very high strike rate to make that a successful strategy. On the other hand, if you are able to make the right selections, maybe it is possible. It's all down to the individual finding value. Only if you find value on a regular basis, you'll be able to pose a positive ROI in the long term. If you bet on US racing, usually you'll have to bet in the betting pool. Odds won't be settled until the final result. Fixed odds are available with some European bookies. Use odds comparison sites to find the best odds. US Tote Rules: https://www.thetote.com/cms/US%20Racing%20Rules#

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.