Different Sites - same software

2damnhype

I tend to play just at Paddy Power and Ladbrokes poker sites, i downloaded the BlueSq one the other night, but got told that before I could register I would have to get in touch with their customer services - I assume this is because they use the same software as Paddy Power. Of all the poker sites out there how many are actually different rather than just clones of each other, and are there ones that use seriously sub-standard software, or are the differences pretty much negligable. Also I have been made aware, by reading this forum that different firms charge different amounts for their STT's , if they share software do they also share STT's so for a $5 table someone may have paid $1 on top to pay and other 50c? If so how do they get away with it? I do intend to play in the PL tournament one week when i am about, but have just been reading on the Paradise site about their deposit methods - i don't own a credit card, so how do I fund my account? Edit: Sorry (stupid) just found the bit about Switch and Maestro deposits) - anyone else do it this way? many thanks 2DH

Re: Different Sites - same software I deposited money into my Paradise via Switch although my bank, Halifax, charged me a standard £1.50 for currency conversion. They might have dropped this charge as I haven't been charged with other transactions. Neteller is supposed to be quite good, although I think it takes upto a week to verify your account.

Re: Different Sites - same software Blue Square, Golden Palace, Paddy Power and VC Poker all share the same software (there may be one or two more companies in the network). Yeah, you do have to have different usernames because they're all different cashiers. Doesn't stop you taking advantage of the 'free money' by signing up to all four of 'em. I've no idea about the entry fees, I don't think the costs are different but I dunno.

• 3 weeks later...