Flat Racing > Tuesday May 20th

Bath 2:40 A horse that looks way too big here is Comptonspirit, a horse that has won three times here already for the Brian Baugh yard. The 10 year old mare won here at Bath off a mark of 65 in July last year and is only 2 pounds higher in the weights tomorrow but has a 3 pound claimer on board. From her 12 runs here at Bath, she has only been out of the top 3 three times so she always seems to run very well here. The ground will be in her favour, the only question mark is if she is ready after a nice break, but there is no way she should be 33/1 here, I had her down as a 10/1 shot. Comptonspirit WIN @ 33/1 Bet365

Re: Flat Racing > Tuesday May 20th 6:45 Warwick - Daylight (7/1 Paddy Power) 0.75pts Win Daylight runs in a competitive 6 furlong sprint and you could give realistic chances to at least three quarters of the field. I think my selection is probably more open to improvement than most of these though as he is one of only three 4yos in the line up. He only has a maiden win to his name but has only had seven career starts and has dropped to his lowest mark thus far and is now one pound lower than when beaten a length at Bath last season. While the form of most of his races last season does not look particularly strong I don't think that this looks anything out of the ordinary for the grade and it would be disappointing were he not to have some progression in him this season. If he is ready to go first time up he should be capable of playing a hand here with the step up to 6 furlongs a potential source of improvement. 5:20 Newcastle - Seldom ?(12/1 Bet365) 0.75pts Win Seldom was well beaten on his return to action at tomorrows venue last time out but he looked to be pulling double in behind the pace setters when they turned into the home straight. He possibly did not get the gaps when he needed them but I also think he could have been given a more proactive ride and is probably better judged on his run three starts ago over a couple of furlongs further when a good 3rd after looking to hold every chance at the furlong pole before tiring close home. He looks far more at home over tomorrows trip of a mile and while you have to go back a long way to find his best form, I think that aforementioned run from last year was a fair indication that he still retains a good bit of ability despite his advancing years. This is a pretty poor race and is unlikely to take a lot of winning, while he is by no means one for large stakes, I think he can go close here and might be a couple of points too big. 2:30 Nottingham - Gold Club ?(6/1 Ladbrokes) 1.5pts Win Put this one in my tracker after a staying on third over a furlong shorter last time out. That looked a decent race for the grade and the first two home look like young sprinters who can win their connections some prize money this season. These big field three year old handicaps are very difficult to work out at the best of times and even more so at this stage of the season, but I think my selection looks guaranteed to run his race with Paul Mulrennan keeping the ride and the McMahon team beginning to look like they may be coming to hand in the last couple of weeks. It would be disappointing if he cannot go close here and I actually think he should be clear favourite.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.