The Players Championship > May 8 - 11

Crouch Potato

E/W Jonas Blixt @ 126 (1/4 1-6) Be365 If I were to look at trends for winners here then Blixt wouldn't figure, as this is only his 2nd appearance and every winner dating as far back to Fred Funk has taken til at least their 3rd try to win here. However, I simply cannot ignore what I think is outstanding value here. It was only a month ago he finished T2 at the Masters, and the major before that he came in 4th. Given the Player's reputation as the 5th major, I'm sure he'll be fully focused for this week. What is also factored in here is that Blixt is a former player at Florida State, lives in Ponte Vedra Beach and regularly practices at TPC Sawgrass. He'll need to improve his driving if he's to contend but it's something he's been working hard at, having had seven new drivers shipped in to help him improve this aspect of his game.

Re: The Players Championship > May 8 - 11 David Lingmerth. Top 20 finish 9/1 B 365 The highlight of David lingmerth's career to date was tying for 2nd at Sawgrass last year 2 shots behind that journeyman Tiger Woods. A round of 72 on the last day was by no means a disgrace given the pressure of a final 2 ball alongside the resurgent Sergio Garcia. The Swedish rookie had a long putt to force a playoff with the multi major winner, gave it a fair go but finished with a double bogey. His season stats to date are somewhat similar to this time last year. Two years on the main tour has seen roughly a 50-50 percentage on cuts made/missed. The Swede has missed the last four cuts, mainly due to a bad 2nd round. Clearly the guy has a liking for TPC Sawgrass, so horses for courses and all that....make the cut and that 9/1 will be looking mighty big. GL

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.