** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Jamie's Aintree Punts..

Not sure if this is just me, but Crystal D'Ainay entered in a chase? Hes a pretty good jumper over hurdles, and if hes been schooled well over the larger obstacles, hes in with a big chance. He will have more pace than these, and will be able to sit off a pace set by First Gold or Grey Abbey. Hopefully the front two will take each other on, and Crystal D'Ainay can work his way forward, and hes just got to jump those larger obstacles, I know this aint the best place to make your chasing debut, but if he does line up 7/1 is a potentially huge price against this field, I may have abit on Each Way. Hes a 160 rated Hurdler, and should confirm that rating, if taking to fences. The 3.10 is another interesting race for me Faasel is the obvious choice, beating Akilak alone by 8l and finishing only a head behind Penzance is some feat, he will be suited to this flat track, and possibly better suited by Aintree to Cheltenham and 3/1 could be a good bit of value, however Karelian looks a very big danger in my book, he hasn't beaten much, but this improving stayer on the flat, has done well since taking to hurdles, and most notably beating Nation State on his second start, then finishing only a Length and a half behind Akilak, he then improved from that run, hacking up by 12l, which shows hes an improving horse. 12/1 looks a very big price, and I shall be getting involved on an Each Way basis, however I do think Faasel will win this, but with a saver and r/fc on Karelian. Finally moving onto the 4.55, Mephisto is the rightful favourite here, especially after beating Faasel by the same distance as Penzance, this class flat stayer clearly has enjoyed his switch to timber, however he has 8lb to concede to smart Pole Star, who was far from disgraced when finishing 4th in the Royal & Sun Alliance behind No Refuge, he came there strongly before weakening towards the end, and this drop back in trip (1f) could prove a likely advantage, especially on this flatter track. However Mephisto is an improving horse, and is definatley capable of better than shown to date. However, Im also looking for abit of value here, and I feel I have found that in 20/1 shot Only Vintage. I was given a big tip for this before Cheltenham, and it disappointed me. Only Vintage beat two very classy horses in Secret Ploy and Manners when hacking up by 4l in a maiden hurdle back in November at Newbury, he also had Forager who has also won twice since. Manners is particulary classy in that field, and wasn't given that much schooling, therefore lost all chance of winning 2 out when crashing through the flight. However the form of Only Vintage is very good, especially in that instance, however, carrying only 11-0, and Mephisto giving away a good 8lb to Only Vintage, I feel Only Vintage definatley can make the frame, at a rather juicy 20/1. Im still backing Mephisto for the win, but it wouldn't suprise me if Only Vintage come home in the first three, and if running upto best form, he has the chance of causing a major upset here.