Volvo China Open > April 24th - 27th

Crouch Potato

Re: Volvo China Open > April 24th - 27th Actually bet on Peter Uihlein for this when markets opened thinking it was the same track as last year, but alas I failed to do my homework. I can't really find too much about the course, though it is a decent amount shorter and isn't a links course. Given that it is a new track I feel this equalizes the field a bit and so I've looked for some in form players who have decent odds about them: Emiliano Grillo @ 100 Betfair Comes into this event with a 2nd and a 5th in his last 5 starts. That 5th could have been so much better too as he lost by 2 shots after shooting +5 on the opening hole on Sunday. He actually finished that round with 5 straight birdies, indicating the sort of mental resilience that helps you win tournaments. He still hasn't done that yet, but for me these odds are much too long for an in form player on an unknown course that shouldn't favour anybody in terms of course experience. Romain Wattel @ 85 Betfair Already has two thirds and a fourth this season and for mine is also overpriced. He's a talented player who probably should have won already. Has a fairly good record in Asia and indeed has more Top 3's outside of Europe than in it, suggesting the kind of adaptability that could be an advantage this weekend.

Re: Volvo China Open > April 24th - 27th Tournament preview: 1pt ew P.Larrazabal to win China Open 28/1 Bet365 Pablo Larrazabal had an interesting week last week. He found himself in the middle of a lake on one hole to escape a load of hornets and then his trousers ripped on the final day yet despite all that palaver he still managed to register a top 10 finish which was pretty incredible. He wasn’t brilliant off the tee last week but going to the greens and on them he played very well which should give him plenty of belief for this week. He isn’t going to have a week of craziness like last week ever again so all things being equal Pablo, who has four top 20 finishes in the last four years in this event, albeit on a different course, should so well this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/china-open-betting-pablo-larrazabal-can-enjoy-calmer-week-in-china

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.