Flat Racing > Tuesday April 22nd

Wolverhampton 8:15 The top weight Clary looks a very backable price at 12/1 here in my opinion for the James Unett yard. The four year old filly is yet to win fron eight career starts but she gets to run off an extremely low mark here and if fit after a break should be able to go very close. She runs off a mark of 54 here tomorrow, 8 pounds lower than the last time she ran here at Wolverhampton. She ran a decent race at Kempton when last seen, finishing 4th to Pretty Bubbles and she has been placed here at this course in a maiden this time last year. The yard haven't had a winner since last July which is the one worry I have but I think she has to enter the equation off such a low mark. Clary WIN @ 12/1 Paddy Power

Re: Flat Racing > Tuesday April 22nd 5.45 Wolverhampton It is safe to say this is a dreadful card and the sooner they get the surface sorted the better, this race is awful dreadfully weak but I believe the bookies have overlooked one in my opinion hence the reason for a bet. Bountiful Forest only has a claimer win to her name, failed to go on from that after. Can only be watched on seasonal reappearance and AW debut. Biscuiteer didn’t win a CD maiden around here in November, handicap mark took a knock for that and largely held until getting a soft lead at Lingfield on penultimate start, back up 4lb for that and poor effort latest and it looks a case of this mark is too high. Jazz Bay has shown nothing of note in maidens has to make a big jump on handicap debut. The rest are of little note on what they have shown. Literally On Fire looks a huge price cut no mustard in first 5 runs but marked improvement last time out in first time cheekpieces over 6f around here, not getting the easiest of races having been shuffled back halfway through after showing plenty of speed and travelling well. Drop in trip shouldn’t prove a problem if showing same early dash and the cheekpieces work again, only beaten a length last time out. 2pt win Literally On Fire 7/2 bet365 5.55 Yarmouth Really hot competitive race polar opposite of the 5.45 at Wolverhampton! Freedoms Light is a worthy favourite but looks incredibly short. Yard have been going extremely well recently. She won her 3rd and final maiden on the AW at Lingfield over 12f when last seen infront of Flemish School who won next time out in handicap company off a mark of 75 so a mark of 80 is workable on that evidence. Some concerns over the drop in trip and also yet to try turf so not for me at such a short price. Uphold is slipping back in the weights and Moore a good booking but has been largely kept to AW in recent times and best form comes on that these days. Red Shuttle was in good form when last seen 2 months ago on the AW, further 2lb higher for latest 2nd, yet to win on turf but showed enough on it but more to find off revised mark in a hot race. Raskova has to be respected with top connections, she contested some decent races last year not beaten far when last seen in November. 3lb higher makes things tougher but not fully exposed although ground is a slight concern given best form come with some give in the ground. Silver Alliance has already had a pipe opener at Wolves last time out and sure to strip fitter for that and goes well here but requires a career best off this mark. Barwick is an interesting runner failed to win last year but his 2 wins have both come around here. He to had a pipe opener which was filled with promise at Windsor, staying on reasonably well. Will appreciate this return to faster conditions if it is this trip he needs some doubts about that for now. Chain Of Events looks the one to take at an E/W price, only beaten a neck by the resurgent King Olav at Kempton on latest start if building on that on return to turf. He is now 5lb below last winning mark and should go well. 1pt e/w Chain Of Events 9/1 pp