Dan's Flat Blog

2.55 Newmarket Wedding Ring - 2pt win, 11/4 Paddy Power Gets the allowance from the males and connections think this horse is a sprinter. Her form over 6f are defeats behind Kiyoshi at Royal Ascot, Joyeuse at Salisbury and a win over 1000 Guineas hopeful Ithimal over C&D on debut. With the benefit of race fitness after two runs at Meydan recently she comes here in good shape and will be very hard to beat. 3.30 Newmarket Miracle of Medinah - 1pt EW, 11/1 Coral Definitely overpriced on form and potential, improved up in trip to beat Cable Bay comfortably on his final run last season and on his handicap bow a mark of 104 looks very fair here. Shifting Power looks a good prospect and could be anything and well treated and Parbold has some nice form in the book but of a few of the others look more exposed than my selection with not as good form, 12/1 too big. 4.05 Newmarket Queen Catrine - 1pt EW, 7/1 Paddy Power Another one who I think is very overpriced. Her best form is a 3rd behind Indonesienne at Longchamp over a mile and the favourite here Sandiva came 7th in that race. No doubt better ground will help that filly but I feel it will help Queen Catrine just as much, besides Longchamp she has form behind Lucky Kristale who's form has been franked and she should go well here. 4.40 Newmarket True Story - 2pt win, 3/1 Ladbrokes Really could be anything, very unexposed and his run behind Outstrip on debut looks solid so has form in the book too. Went onto win comfortably over C&D when last seen in July but looks a very good prospect and could be a class above these. Not really a fan of Somewhat, looks quite exposed and his form hasn't worked out great, maybe the main danger will come from the unexposed Obliterator.

Re: Dan's Racing Blog 2.05 Cheltenham Garde La Victoire - 2pt win, 5/2 Coral Has very nice form at Cheltenham behind Neptune second Ballyalton, that was over 2m but he ultimately needed the step up in trip after losing his way and he delivered last time over 2m4f. He is making his handicap debut here and looks well treated off 138, especially with him getting 4lbs from main rival and the not so straight forward My Wigwam or Yours. 3.15 Cheltenham Royal Regatta - 1pt EW, 10/1 William Hill Not one to have have the mortage on but looks on a fair mark if you put a line through his Cheltenham run, I don't really know what happened there, he never got involved but is definitely worth another chance in a weaker race with Richard Johnson back on board.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.