Photos: Curragh - Gladness Stakes Day

Great day at the Curragh yesterday - sun was out and the racing was good even if I wasn't all that excited about the card beforehand. But turned out to be an interesting day. Most impressive performance came in the final race, the 10f maiden, which usually throws up some good horses. O'Brien's Adjusted was the clear favourite and should boost this form thanks to his strong 2nd place at Leopardstown before, behind subsequent Group 3 winner Fascinating Rock. So with Sinkal, Dermot Weld could have another smart prospect on his hands. Was really impressed the way he powered home the final furlong and didn't look the easiest one to pull up. Really big, strong horse, should be even better stepping up to 12f I suspect. Looked on the track even more impressive than in the replay on TV I have to say. Ride of the day came from Danny Mullins I thought. Fantastic front-running performance on Inis Meain. DSC_1591_zps4115f7ea.jpg Sinkal - impressive winner of the 10f maiden DSC_1391_zpsc981354f.jpg It was windy out there at the Curragh DSC_1384_zps1d7e56aa.jpg Newsletter - good winner of the 5f maiden DSC_1414_zpsfc7ffb0d.jpg Booker wins the 6f maiden in front of 50/1 shot Ella's Delight DSC_1504_zps2454641c.jpg Inis Meain - winner of the Alleged Stakes DSC_1435_zpsc98decb5.jpg Bold Thady Quill DSC_1491_zps617f58ef.jpg Sruthan surges home to win the Group 3 Gladness Stakes DSC_1470_zps4e9d884a.jpg Bold Thady Quill DSC_1526_zps55803fdd.jpg The red beauty caught my eye... DSC_1557_zps40f5aa0f.jpg Gathering Power DSC_1531_zps91d8b5bc.jpg