BBOTD Saturday 12th

cpo

3.50 Ayr – Alpha Victor 1pt win @ 25/1 Bet365 I wouldn’t be surprised to see Tidal Bay come out in the morning but even if he runs I think it’s a tough ask for him to win this. The one that makes most appeal to me in this is Alpha Victor who has only had 4 chase starts. He has started to get the hang of things over fences improving with every run but did manage to win over hurdles at Bangor a couple of starts ago by 11 lengths over 3m on heavy ground and then going so close in the Midlands National at Uttoxeter. His effort at Uttoxeter was another step forward and had it not been for the Pipe horse he would have won comfortably. It’s well known that it’s a race that the Pipes target so it would no disgrace finishing 2nd to Goulanes by a couple of lengths. This has proven stamina and has proven himself over various grounds. It’s forecast to rain at Ayr but that certainly won’t hinder this ones chances. He has to race from out of the handicap here but so do most of the field. The only slight doubt with this horse is that he has a couple of refusals to his name in recent starts so we might not even get a run for our money. If he does consent to race though, I think he can go well.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 12th Ayr 2:40 - Qts Scottish Champion Hurdle(LIMITED HANDICAP) (Grade 2) (1) 2m With My Tent Or Yours giving so much weight away to his rivals tomorrow it really does open up the race to plenty of other horses in my opinion. Alan King's horses have hit a nice bit of form of late and his horse Montbazon has to have a solid chance here getting so much weight after a brilliant 3rd place finish to Lac Fontana in the County Hurdle. Lac Fontana and Diakali have both gone on to frank the form of that race since and he enters the equation. I must say I am pretty sweet on Court Minstrel here though, he has a lot in his favour. He is getting 16 pounds from the favourite, he won this race last year and he won in good style at Aintree last time out so a big run is expected tomorrow. Court Minstrel WIN @ 8/1 Bet365 - Also Get a £200 Free Bet when you Register!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.