Cadillac Championhship > March 6th - 9th

Marty b

Hi guy's, It could be another tough week for the players this week. The new and improved Cadillac Championship Trump course is a long one with plenty of strategically placed bunkers and water along with plenty of undulating greens. Accurate driving and and iron play will be a must here with water in play on 14 of the 18 holes and thick Bermuda rough being extremely penal. Here are my selections for this week: SERGIO GARCIA 22/1 Paddy Power 4 pts e/w Sergio has been in great form this season with a win already to his name. He was tied 3rd last year on the old course and has gone on record in the last few days stating that he really likes the new course and that it suits his attributes. Sergio is an extremely accurate driver and iron player and I really fancy his chances this week. Bubba Watson 25/1 Paddy Power 3 pts e/w Bubba is another player who has been in great form recently and his distance could be a major asset here. He finished 18th last year and hopefully he will perform well on the new layout. His confidence is sky high at the moment and I'm hoping he can get a few birdies early and get on a role. Hunter Mahan 40/1 Ladbrokes 2 pts e/w Again another player who has been in decent form. Hunter is an underrated player who usually goes well on the longer distance courses. His scrambling is excellent which will be an asset on this course and he is an extremely accurate iron player.If he can get his putter going he will have a great chance. Francesco Molinari 100/1 Paddy Power 1.5 pts e/w Molinari hasn't got the length of the other players I have selected but his iron play is unbelievably accurate as is his driving. Molinari's coach Dennis Pugh ( of sky sports! ) has stated that Molinari has been building up his game for a good crack at this week so I've taken the hint. Special bet Top Scandinavian Jonas Blixt 5/1 Ladbrokes 3 pts win Blixt has gradually been proving himself on the PGA tour and even has a win to his name. I feel he is great value to beat Stenson & Bjorn who have both been performing woefully of late. The course should suit Blixt's accurate iron play. Special bet Top S.African Brandon Grace Ladbrokes 9/1 2 pts e/w Grace is a fantastic young player who I feel has the potential to go right to the top of the game. He is massively over priced against a bunch of S.African players such as Els , Schwartzel, etc who are always over rated in the betting market. Special bet Top Rest of world Graham De Laet 9/1 Ladbrokes 2 pts e/w De laet's power & accuracy could prove fruitful this week. He has been threatening to post a high finish for a while now, he just need's to get hot with the putter. He has a lot of competition in this market but he has a great chance. TOTAL OUTLAY 32 pts

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.