BBOTD > Sunday March 2nd

Leopardstown 4:20 - Carrickmines Handicap Chase(Grade B) 2m5f This is an ultra competitive handicap and every horse will be trying for it's life but I think the Peter Fahey trained He'llberemembered deserves a bet here at 6/1, I had him as the 7/2 favourite on my own tissue. He is 2/3 (67%) here at Leopardstown, won this race last year, enjoys a bit of cut in the ground and has a very good 5 pound claimer on board. He also won a tougher handicap last time out, travelling really strongly coming to the final couple of fences. The horse I feel can give him most to do is the Ted Walsh trained Colbert Station as I think it is significant that Tony McCoy is coming over to Ireland for two rides. It will be interesting to see where JP McManus's money goes with three runners in the race. He'llberemembered WIN @ 6/1 Paddy Power Read Full Preview @ http://www.horse-racing.org/carrickmines-handicap-chase-he-llberemembered-loves-it-here-at-leopardstown

Re: BBOTD > Sunday March 2nd 4.00 - Huntingdon - Mission To Mars 1pt @ 10/1 Bet365 I thought Mission To Mars showed enough in his 2 most recent runs to warrant respect off an opening mark of 108. The 5yo ran in a warm novice hurdle on his penultimate start and although he was ultimately well beaten in 8th the form is very strong. The winner was Wilde Blue Yonder who is fancied by some for the Supreme, and in behind him were useful novices like Seedling, Tiqris and Sign Of Victory so its no wonder he didn't get close to them. Nto he ran to a similar level, getting within 9L of the mid 130's rated chaser Anay Turge and the only other runner to beat him was the 122 rated Vivacchio of Venetia Williams. As i've mentioned he's been allotted a mark of 108, which on the basis of his 2 most recent runs probably looks fair. He's open to improvement and the extra furlong tomorrow will only probably play to his strenghs i feel. It'll be interesting to see how he's ridden, he's made the running in his starts so far and he could certainly make it a test if he did so tomorrow. He'll handle the ground and at 10/1 he looks the value in the field to me.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.