National Hunt Racing > Friday February 28th

Aidymac

Doncaster 2:10 The Tony Carroll trained Easydoesit bolted up over course and distance a month ago off a mark of 98 and although he runs off a mark of 105 tomorrow, if he produces the same run he did that day he will win this race too. The current joint 5/1 favourite with my selection at the moment is Ergo Sum and that horse was 5 lengths behind Easydoesit in that race and although there is a pull in the weights, it is clear which is the better horse. I can easily forgive his run last time out where he was pulled up at Catterick under an apprentice jockey, he is now coming back to Doncaster with Noel Fehily on board who was on board when the horse bolted up last month. This horse has a big chance in my opinion. Easydoesit WIN @ 5/1 Bet365

Re: National Hunt Racing > Friday February 28th

Doncaster 2:10 The Tony Carroll trained Easydoesit bolted up over course and distance a month ago off a mark of 98 and although he runs off a mark of 105 tomorrow, if he produces the same run he did that day he will win this race too. The current joint 5/1 favourite with my selection at the moment is Ergo Sum and that horse was 5 lengths behind Easydoesit in that race and although there is a pull in the weights, it is clear which is the better horse. I can easily forgive his run last time out where he was pulled up at Catterick under an apprentice jockey, he is now coming back to Doncaster with Noel Fehily on board who was on board when the horse bolted up last month. This horse has a big chance in my opinion. Easydoesit WIN @ 5/1 Bet365
I've just backed this in a single and a double with Pass The Time and I can see Fehily leaving Donny with 2 or 3 winners tomorrow. The ground has supposedly dried to good and I think that will suit Easydoesit. The course form is a huge plus and Fehily is one of my favourite jockeys, has been unlucky with injuries and underrated for years by many. Fehily and Hutchinson are 2 jockeys I like to keep an eye on and I can see Fehily taking the opener on this. I agree with you that despite the pull in the weights I still see this improving again enough to confirm that form with Ergo Sum. The 2nd race looks a match between Free Thinking and Bull and Bush. Free Thinking is expected to be very short, possibly odds on but Bull and Bush represents Alan King/Wayne Hutchinson. The yard are in form at the moment (Balder Success at the weekend and a 20-1 winner today) and Alan King has targeted this race for the last 2 years and won it with Call Me A Star and Tante Sissi in the last 2 years. I'll have a look at the odds before deciding if to bet or leave it alone. Sign Of A Victory looks nailed on and will be odds on to win the 3rd race. Henderson won this race in 2012 but last year John Quinn sent Cockney Sparrow here to win the 2013 renewal and he looks to have the main rival in Chebsey Beau but that one is 4 races without a win so far and would need to improve to beat the Henderson horse and is likely to be settling for 2nd place. The 3.45pm race was one I had a keen eye on as a horse called Eduard was due to run in it but has been taken out at the declarations stage and was going to be my main bet. Croco Bay has the proven form in the bag and should be winning this. Oscatara could be anything, has won a PTP and a maiden hurdle but was pulled up on heavy and now makes his chase debut. Simarthur has won a PTP, a bumper and a maiden hurdle and also makes his chase debut but has been running over 3m lately and drops back now over fences. Croco Bay's race to lose. The 4.25pm could be quite an open affair but the 2 to keep on side could be Pass The Time and Koolala, both are race fit and have a recent win too. Pass The Time was an 11 length winner of a class 3 handicap hurdle and was out of her depth last time out in Grade 2 company against Annie Power and this is more her level. Dennis O'Regan was on Koolala when she won but he is on Brijomi Queen today instead and that was 2nd last time out. In the 4.55pm I am interested in King Of The Wolds and I saw this at Wetherby when beaten by Pepite Rose. I am not keen on odds of 5-2 though. The alternative could be Billy Cuckoo who has shown a level of consistency until last time out. He never travelled last time out but was held up and needs to be ridden prominently as he has been for his better performances. A visor replaces blinkers and headgear is slightly off putting for me. The Reveleys won this race last year with Brave Spartacus and Robbie would be in with a chance but form at this track has been hit and miss.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.