BBOTD Tuesday 25th February

Lodge

4.40 - Leicester - Carpincho 1pt @ 11/1 Bet365 Carpincho folded tamely last time but i'm not convinced he has the stamina for 3m+ on testing ground so the fact he takes a marked drop in trip is a big positive in my opinion. In his previous run he travelled like an absolute dream before finding very little and finishing 3rd. It was his first run for over 200 days though so theres a good chance he could have needed the run. That run came over tomorrows distance of 2m 4f and was also off a 7lb higher mark than he runs off tomorrow. He hasn't won a handicap but did win as a novice chaser twice including on soft ground and is well in on his form from a season or so back. This doesn't look the strongest contest, most of these are of class 5 quality and his last race was 2 grades higher than that so the drop in grade may also do him some good. Richard Johnson takes over in the saddle from a claimer, his record for this yard is worth taking note of. He's had 7 rides, with 3 winners and 2 places.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 25th February Leicester 2:40 Me And Ben has been running in much better races than this his last two starts, firstly he was 4th to Une Artiste at Huntingdon then he followed that up with a 6th place finish in Listed company. This is a Class 5 tomorrow so it is a huge drop in class and a race he deserves to be clear favourite in for me. He is better than a 97 rated horse in my opinion and he will hopefully show that tomorrow. Trip and conditions will suit and he won very cosily at Cartmel in similar conditions back in August. He was 2nd to Cannon Fodder in a Class 4 at Fontwell recently off a mark of 99 so looks well treated in comparison to that run. Me And Ben WIN @ 13/2 Bet365

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.