Flat Racing - Wednesday 19th February

robertob

17.25 Kempton: Novabridge @ 12/1 Paddy power - 3pts Novabridge appeared to be extremely unlucky in his most recent start at Lingfield. He got hampered right after the start, had to settle in rear as a consequence and got then slightly hampered coming around the home turn again, the jockey had to take a pull. The nightmare didn't end here as Novabridge didn't get a clear run approaching the home straight, and when finally a gap opened over 1f out he finished nicely without getting asked for everything. With a clear run he would have gone very close no doubt, and as he gets another pound off the mark he looks to be weighted to win, down to his last AW winning mark too. 18.55 Kempton: Newtown Cross @ 6/1 Paddy Power - 3pts win Newtown Cross won over course and distance three weeks ago despite having everything against himself. It was a slow run race, he travelled well off the pace and meat severe in-running trouble in the closing stages. Yet he won quite comfortably in the end. That was his first start since October, his first start over this long trip and his first All-Weather start, plus he is still rather lightly raced. So there should be much more to come from him and a rise of 3lb in the mark looks lenient actually. In fact this looks even a weaker race than the last one. So there is really no reason why he shouldn't go close once again.

Re: Flat Racing - Wednesday 19th February 19.25 Kempton - Novellen lad 1pt win @11/2 with ladbrokes Hello, This is my first post: I'm hoping I don't embarrass myself to much! Novellen lad won twice last year (November and December) over today's distance (6f) including when dealing with a revised higher rating and stepped up in class. L.T.O he finished 5th of 8 btn 2 3/4 lengths. - Lingfield 6f Cl 3 hcap). I believe another step up in class and a muddaling race (all runners finished quite close together) proved to much. A step down to a class 4 race again and the presence of a confirmed front runner in Tax Free is an positive. Although his best Aw form is at Lingfield I'm hoping the race will be run to suit and he can be held up and delivered late.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.