Racing clubs

Anyone a part of one? Not necessarily where you have a stake in a horse, but one that meets occasionally for arranged talks and stuff like that? I think most counties seem to have at least one. The reason that I ask is that I'm going along to one in London next week and will probably also go to the Cheltenham preview evening that they are holding, where Phil Smith will be in attendance. I imagine that you'd learn more than the average punter at one of events, but does anyone have any experience of going to one? I'll update this thread with any nuggets of information that I discover :ok

Re: Racing clubs Going from time to time to the meetings of the Dublin Racing Club. They have often a panel of experts, trainers and jockeys at the meetings to preview the upcoming racing. There is a big Cheltenham Preview coming up for example. Usually it's free anyway, so good stuff, to talk about racing and have some pints.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.