BBOTD > Thursday January 23rd

Gowran Park 3:15 - Goffs Thyestes Handicap Chase (Grade A) I notice I have backed quite a few Willie Mullins horses of late in Ireland but his record is so sublime in this country that it is hard to ignore a horse of his at a price. On His Own won this race two years ago by a staggering 13 lengths and if he is in that sort of form tomorrow I don't think a 17 pound rise since then would stop the horse. He ran as well as could be expected at Aintree last time out and this is the obvious target. On His Own WIN @ 10/1 Boylesports Read Full Preview @ bit.ly/1dPdiID

Re: BBOTD > Thursday January 23rd 19.30 Kempton: Divine Call @ 9/2 Paddy Power Divine Call has been extremely unlucky in his last two runs and really gave me the impression that he is poised to win. In fact if he is not well handicapped, who is? At Wolverhampton on his penultimate start he was trailing behind a big field and had a whole bunch of horses in front of his nose when turning for home with nowhere to go, his headway after approaching the home turn was then stopped quickly when he got locked on the inside rail while it appeared to me that with a clear run he would have won that race. He looked the best horse, no doubt. Switching to Kempton didn't prove a problem, and why it should, he won here already in the past. Again he travelled very well but had a bunch of horses in front of nose when it mattered around 2f out again, while not getting quite a smart ride by his jockey, who steered him in all sort of trouble. He had to wait for bit of room and as soon as this happened he switched to the left and produced a nice little turn of foot to finish a strong 3rd in the end. He is able to run of the same mark again tomorrow, which is a career lowest mark, and while his wide draw isn't ideal he might simply try to get a clear run on the outside this time and then he should really win I feel.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.