BBOTD - Tuesday 21st January

16.15 Southwell: Orwellian @ 10/1 Bet365 Frustrating sort but seems to be finally on a mark he is capable winning of. In fact it's a career lowest mark now. He was not blessed with luck earlier this month here at Southwell when he had an awkward start, didn't travel at all early on while racing wide all the time and turning widest for home, when he got severely hampered by a lose horse. It was impressive to see him picking up so well as he did again and he really motored home to finish a strong 3rd. Surly Orwellian is not a horse you want to trust too much but if he can repeat this kind of performance and get a better run then he must go close in this weak affair. And therefore 10/1 seems a pretty big price to me.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 21st January 3.55 - Leicester - Westerly Breeze 1pt @ 5/1 Ladbrokes I think that Westerly Breeze is worthy of a bet in the concluding race at Leicester tomorrow. I saw him at Huntingdon last time out and thought he might be worth keeping an eye on when entering handicap company. Although he was a well beaten 3rd on that occasion, the 2 horses that beat him were pretty useful, particularly Carole’s Destrier so after being given a mark of 105 i think he’ll pick up a race soon enough. The slight step back in trip will definitely suit, he handles soft ground and a mark of 105 certainly doesn’t look beyond him considering his unexposed nature. This race looks weak for a class 4 event to me, after all, a favourite who is 12lb above his last /highest winning and was beaten 22L last time must be worth taking on. His trainer has found him a good opening and i expect him to go well.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.