BBOTD Sunday 19th January

Lodge

2.10 - Towcester - Pure Science 1pt @ 5/1 Bet365 Sam Twiston Davies has a couple of interesting rides at Towcester and i particularly like the look of Pure Science. The 6yo was 6th in the Champion Bumper back in March and he hasn’t quite transferred all that ability over hurdles thus far. He ran relatively well in all 3 of his starts in Novice events, generally against very good opposition and i thought he may get abit close to winning than he did lto on his handicap debut. He was allotted a mark of 123, and considering he’s fairly well thought of, i thought he’d make slightly more of an impact than a 13L 4th. He did travel well though and maybe the 3m in testing conditions stretched him slightly. He drops back to 2m 5f tomorrow, albeit on a very stamina sapping course and that could just help him. The form of his Chepstow runs looks reasonable so far, he had a subsequent winner in behind and the 2nd placed horse Ugly Bug ran well from his revised mark today. He’s been dropped 1lb for that last run and drops in grade tomorrow (this looks a lot easier than last time out imo). Theres a question mark over a few of the others in the field, with 4 of the runners returning from lengthy breaks, American Life ran today so he is a an unlikely runner, as you can see this looks a winnable class 3 event.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 19th January T4.10 Its a Doddle 1pt win 10/3 William Hill I got stung with an unexposed Jonjo horse today but that one was friendless in the market so might as well have stayed in the horsebox. There has been some early money for this one and the horse won in heavy going LTO. The form has since been franked and since that was only the horses 4th run, some natural progression should see this race be well within its grasp. Most of the others are exposed sorts with poor strike rates so this race mightn't take too much winning anyway.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.