Flat Racing - Thursday, 16/1/14

2.30 Meydan: Cat O'Mountain, 11/4 Betvictor, win Cat O'Mountain has won all four starts on all weather surfaces. This is his first run since September but his yard is in good form and he should be ready for this. The trip is perfect, having won his last two starts over today's distance. Trainer Charlie Appleby had two wins and two places form five runners here last week. Mikael Barzalona has won on this horse three times from four rides. 3.05 Meydan: Wedding Ring, 9/4 Bet365, win Wedding Ring won her last two starts. Two runs ago, she won the £100,000 Tattersall's Millions auction race at Newmarket, finishing a neck ahead of the re-opposing Oxsana. She followed that up by winning the £300,000 Tattersall's Millions Fillies' Trophy over today's trip at Newmarket. Oxsana was over 2L behind that day. This is her first run on an a/w surface but her sire stats would suggest it will suit. She is out of the same dam as Golden Causeway who won at Kempton on her seasonal reappearance as a 3yo. 3.40 Meydan: Emirates Flyer, 7/2 Bet365, win Emirates Flyer was just beaten lto in the Listed 2yo Trophy at Redcar. I think he was sent to the lead a bit too soon by Silvestre De Sousa and was caught close home by Ventura Mist, who was carrying nine pounds less. Before that, he finished 2L behind Kingman. This is his first run on Tepeta but if he takes to it I expect him to go close. Trainer Saeed Bin Suroor had a winner here last week and SDS is in the saddle. 4.15 Meydan: Dabadiyan, 9/1 Ladbrokes, win Dabadiyan was very impressive in his only run in handicap company back in Ireland. He won over 12f at the Curragh back in June. He won easily by 3½L from Curley Bill, who won the Guinness Handicap, a premier handicap at the Galway Festival, nto off a five pound higher mark. He won his next race as well before failing to give five pounds to Afonso Da Silva at Dundalk, losing by 1½L. The ground and trip will suit and if Mick Halford has him ready, I think he will run a big race at a nice price. 4.50 Meydan: United Color, 6/1 Paddy Power, win Cracking little race in prospect here with the first three and fifth and sixth from last years Golden Shaheen all lining up. I've gone for United Color who finished fifth in that race. He was given too much to do by his jockey in my opinion and was still closing at the finish. He was impressive in his run before that race, winning a handicap over c&d in good style. If he improves on his form from last year he should go close. He has had a recent run, beaten a ¼L at Jebel Ali, to put him in perfect condition for today. James Doyle is a big plus in the saddle. 5.25 Meydan: Validus, 11/2 BetVictor, win Validus is having his first run for Saeed Bin Suroor today. He has won twice on the a/w at Kempton so today's ground should suit. He was beaten just ½L lto by Mabait in a good handicap at Newmarket. The ground and trip will suit Silvestre De Sousa is in the saddle.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.