BBOTD - Tuesday 14th January

14.20 Southwell: Illegal Action @ 6/1 Bet365 Decent handicap debut at Lingfield at the last day of 2013. Looked a bit outpaced entering the home straight but rallied home. Gets one pound off the mark, and switches to the fibresand. Should be perfectly suited for this and in fact is lovely bred by a multiple Group 1 winner and out of a Listed race winning mare, dam sire won Breeders Cup mile. So plenty of dirt form in there and top class form, so wouldn't be a surprise to see Illegal Action improving allot with time and for the surface. He should be better than his current mark and drops in class too.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 14th January 3.55 - Southwell - Omega Omega 1pt @ 12/1 Bet365 I think that Omega Omega certainly has more chance of reversing the form with Goodlukin Lucy than her odds suggest. The 5yo mare is still a maiden from 15 career starts but the way she shaped over 14f here last time suggests she has the ability to pick up a low grade handicap at Southwell. She travelled like and absolute dream and looked as likely as any to win when turning for home (traded at evens in running), unfortunately she didn’t see the trip out as well as a couple of the others and was a 3L 5th. She drops back in trip by 2f tomorrow and the way she shaped last time suggests to me it will benefit her greatly. She has a slight swing in the weights with the favourite and to me i can’t seeing there being much between them so at the prices she looks worth a bet.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.