National Hunt Racing - Saturday December 28th

Aidymac

Chepstow 2:35 - Coral Welsh Grand National (Handicap Chase) (Grade 3) This is a hugely competitive field tomorrow but I feel Highland Lodge should be favourite for this race given his latest run in the Hennessy. He will do his best to string the field out and if he gets a soft lead he could be extremely hard to pass. The horse I feel will give him most to do is Goonyella as Tom Dreaper has only ever ventured here once in the past and last time he did he landed the spoils in 2008. Highland Lodge - 2 Points WIN @ 9/1 Sky Bet Goonyella - 1 Point WIN @ 7/1 Bet365 Read Full Preview @ http://www.punterslounge.com/welsh-grand-national-betting-highland-lodge--goonyella-can-both-run-a-big-race

Re: National Hunt Racing - Saturday December 28th Totally agree with Aidy, tipped this one up in my thread: 2.35 - Chepstow - Highland Lodge 1pt @ 11.00 Betfair After managing to find the winner in the big race on Boxing Day i’m going to attempt to find the winner of the Welsh National. One horse that stood out to me instantly was Highland Lodge, he ran very well in the Hennessy and running off the same mark tomorrow he must have a great chance. He proved himself to be a useful novice last season and finished off his season at the Festival with a 6th placed in the amateur riders rice over the stamina sapping 32f. He was extremely well backed in his seasonal re-appearance at Wincanton (going off 6/4 in a 12 runner handicap) but found Standing Ovation just too good, although that is certainly no disgrace as the winner went and followed up in empathic style off a 12lb higher mark nto. Highland Lodge was put up 7lb before the Hennessy and went off 6/1 joint-fav, he ran really well in 4th and the form of that race has already proved to be very strong, with the likes of Theatre Guide, Houblon Des Obeaux, Cloudy Too, Loch Ba and Hadrians Approach amongst the horses who have won or been placed since. This isn’t as strong race as the Hennessy was so off the same mark i feel he must have a very good chance. I really like the fact that Tidal Bay runs in this, as he 10lbs higher rated than the rest of the field and that obviously puts a lot of horses down the bottom of the weights racing out of the handicap, making their job a little harder in theory. It also means my selection gets into this off a light weight (10-6) despite being rated in the mid 140’s. Even Teaforthree who is 10lb higher in the handicap than last year runs off a lighter weight. All in all i think 10/1 is fair price, conditions should be spot on (won on heavy ground twice) and i see no problem with this trip.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.