Jumps Racing Tuesday 17th December

Lodge

Re: Jumps Racing Tuesday 17th December 12.40 - Catterick - Rick @ 7/2 BetVictor This looks a massive price to me for a runner who shaped very well last time out. He was very well backed last time out and went extremely well for a long way, O'Regan gave him a good positive ride in the first time blinkers and he jumped boldly and travelled well. He hit as low as 1.49 in running but probably found the extended 2m 4f a little too far and weakened late on finishing 3rd. That race looked a good little contest to me with a number of unexposed/progressive types so the fact he was beaten 12L by the winner is no disgrace at all. He steps back in trip to 2m 3f which should be about perfect for him, he wears the blinkers again which seemed to have a positive effect last time out and Denis O'Regan is also onboard once more. He's been dropped a further 3lbs by the handicapper which looks generous to me and the fact he was a high class hurdler in Ireland rated 143 at his peak suggests to me he could progress from his mark of 122. I personally had this one as favourite so 7/2 looks very good value.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.