Flat Racing > Wednesday October 30th

Nottingham 2:00 - 32red Handicap (4) The Michael Easterby trained Day Of The Eagle looks a big price to land this handicap at Nottingham tomorrow. He is now only 3 pounds higher than his last success and has been sliding down the weights. Heavy ground form is very important and he has won on heavy before at Chester. Graham Gibbons is back on board and he won on him the last time he won. Day Of The Eagle WIN @ 20/1 Paddy Power

4.10 - Nottingham - Red Four @ 4/1 Bet365 Was hoping for abit more of a price than this but all points to a big run from Red Four tomorrow. I put him in my notebook after his last run as a horse who should have a class 6 handicap in him. It was his first run for nearly 6 months and was also a step up in trip and despite a troubled start he stayed on well in testing conditions and ended up a 4L 5th. Considering that was a much better race than this and he's also been dropped 1lb I think he should have a fair chance tomorrow. George Baker has booked top amateur Sam Walker and he gets a handy weight for age allowance being a 3yo. He's still relatively unexposed and wears cheekpieces for the first time too. Trip and ground hold no fears and I reckon he'll be able to win this amateur contest.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.