Aidy's Antepost Betting

The majority of my betting now is going to be ante-post. It is nice to have some decent prices and getting small chunks of money on bit by bit to eventually have a proper bet on at decent odds. I am not expecting to make a profit with this, in fact I expect to make a big loss but what will be will be. You can only learn from the mistakes that you make, so here goes. I will be betting on a lot of sports that I enjoy including rugby, football, horse racing, darts, golf, snooker etc. I started a thread like this a while back but didn't follow through, I will this time. 1 Point = €1, so I am not going to be staking too much on this venture, it is a test run. Arkle Trophy - Cheltenham 2014 Willie Mullins is always a man to be feared when he brings his horses to Prestbury Park and I think if he sends Champagne Fever for the Arkle that he will have a massive chance. This horse always saves his best for Cheltenham and he is 2/2 at the Festival. He won the Champion Bumper at 16/1 in 2012 and last year won the Supreme Novices Hurdle after landing a gamble at 5/1. He beat the Nicky Henderson trained My Tent Or Yours who is one of the leading contenders for the 2014 Champion Hurdle and that form looks very good. He certainly is a big horse and he should take to fences really well, he loves the hill and stamina is no issue whatsoever. He has possible entries in the Jewson and the RSA but I think the trip of 2 miles is perfect for him so it looks like he will take his chance in the Arkle. If he does, he should be a lot shorter than 7/1 on the day. Champagne Fever - 2 Points WIN @ 7/1 Paddy Power

Re: Aidy's Antepost Betting Also entered for the champion hurdle, for which he's as low as 12/1. Bit too early for me to get involved in the ap markets, but good luck. A good place to start for an Arkle winner, is a hurdle rating of 140+, which he easily surpasses.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.