Multitabling

Markpl1

Does anyone here do this? By this mean playing more than 1 cash game at the same time. I am currently having good success with it as a bit of a trial at 25/50c limit table at bet 365 (trying to sneak into their freerolls) and I am consistently turning a profit if a small one given the level. By playing very basic ABC poker. All you need really is a solid bank of starting hands and to be prepared to laydown a hand when you suspect your beaten. Interested to hear from anyone with thoughts and experience of doing this.

Re: Multitabling Yeah I play two cash games at once usually when I am playing. No more tho because otherwise my attention begins to slip and it becomes more frantic. I would say playing one only to start out with is best but if you can handle it then playing two is ok. Physically just make sure that the sets of buttons for fold raise etc do not overlap on the two windows. This is because a lot of poker rooms software auto switches when its your turn and you dont want to be clicking call on one only for the other one to auto switch and you click all in by mistake with 92o!!. Some people do take multitabling to extremes. For example one of the best NLHE cash pros on the whole internet, a guy called "Grandiose" from USA is regularly seen playing in 6 or 7 high stakes games at once across multiple sites. He does have a beefcake setup mind you with multiple monitors across a wall. It is important to me however when I play I notice everything going in in both games I am in so more than two is a no no. Congrats on your success Mark, I totally agree with you on the way to play those tables. You do not need any fancy moves and indeed trying to play loose aggressive like gus hansen does on the TV will just cause you to lose at those stakes. Simple tight solid poker will bring you the $$$ - boring but you will win in the long run. Jez

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.