Jump Racing Monday 30th September

joeblitz

5.35 Roscommon Usuel Smurfer 11/8 BetVictor BOG Usuel Smurfer ran well at Listowel a couple of weeks ago, jumping well and finishing 3rd behiind Owega Star and Clonbanan Lad not beaten far. He meets nothing of that calibre here. Thomond won over hurdles here in the summer and on his ability to handle the track might run into second. I don't like either Hunting Party or Sir Vincent. A clear round should suffice for Usuel Smurfer. 10 Points win Usuel Smurfer 11/8 BetVictor BOG 4.35 Roscommon Shadow Eile 7/2 Paddy Power BOG Both The Real Article and Darwins Fox impressed me by winning last time out as both looked to be on a downward spiral. Maybe the switch to fences will help rekindle some fire in them? I am not convinced. But there are no ifs, buts or maybes about Shadow Eile who was good over hurdles and gained a bloodless victory over fences at Killarney before falling at the last at Galway against Rebel Fitz. Although well held at the time she would have finished in the first 3 and can put the extra experience to good use here. Darwins Fox may be a danger but I don't like The Real Article here. Of the others Boxer Beat and Cootamunda have chances also. It looks tight but I am hopeful Shadow Eile can fullfill some of that uncapped potential she possesses. 10 Point win Shadow Eile 7/2 Paddy Power BOG 3.50 Newton Abbot Ivors King 4/1 BetVictor BOG Valco De Touzaine is a 4 year old getting all the allowances but he was nothing special over hurdles. However my policy where possible is to oppose 4 year old novice chasers and it is easy to do so with Ivors King who was beaten a neck of this card in a handicap hurdle 12 months ago prior to rattling up a hattrick culminating in a bloodless win at Ascot where he demolished some very useful horses. That is the best form here and as he came to hand at this time last year he has to be the selection in what looks a 2 horse race. 10 Points win Ivors King 4/1 BetVictor BOG