BBOTD Monday 23rd September

Don't think i've ever started one of these, but couldn't see one, feel free to merge if i've missed something. Anyway ..... 5.00pm @ Leicester 'Red Shuttle' 16/1 (Ladbrokes) Stuck this in my notebook after fancying and backing it last time out. Was given a shocking ride, never put into the race despite looking to be running well within itself the whole way. Form of the 2 races prior to that weren't too bad, looking unlucky 3 runs back and beaten less than a length by one that followed up in a nice wee race the other day on penultimate outing. Tomorrow's conditions should suit and if it gets away on terms, could show up well. Looks overpriced to me and I'm hopeful of a big run. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD Monday 23rd September A great bet for today looks to be Modern Lady in Hamilton's 2.40. She is nothing if not game and always gives her running from the front. Her two latest starts have come in quite competitive class four and five furlong handicaps over 5f. She was taken on for the lead in both of these races and was found wanting one too good inside the final furlong. Today there should be no such issues. She is the only confirmed front runner and looks overpriced thanks to the insanely short price of Teetotal who won what doesn't look like a great 6f handicap on Thursday. Personally I think Teetotal will find things happening a little too fast back over 5f should Modern Lady set a strong pace. Another negative for Teetotal is the jockey, Danielle Mooney, a very inexperienced apprentice who may struggle to get the horse competitive should there be a few lengths to find deep into the race. Modern Lady has the assistance of Phillip Prince, himself a 5lb claimed, but much more experienced at putting a race to bed from the front. She may have only won once but she has placed second on ten occasions, so she is better than her strike rate suggests and come 2.42 tomorrow she should have her second win on the board. Modern Lady, Hamilton's 2.40 @ 4/1 with William Hill.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.