International Friendlies - 10th September

Japan v Ghana Well, this isn't actually a total friendly it's a Kirin Challenge Cup game! But either way fair to say Ghana don't really give a monkeys about it..They played in a WC Qualifier against Zambia at the weekend winning 2-1 to ensure their passage through, Japan played a friendly against Guatemala (in the Challenge Cup again) and won 3-0. The interesting part of this seemingly pointless game is that Ghana have sent back most of their players and will be sending out what appears to be a shadow squad, for example 5 of the front 6 that played against Zambia haven't even travelled to the game. Asamoah Gyan (Al Ain), Michael Essien (Chelsea), Mubarak Wakaso (Rubin Kazan), Andre Ayew (Marseille), Kevin Boateng (Schalke), Kevin Asamoah (Juventus) and Wakaso Mubarak (Rubin Kazan) have gone back to their clubs and although they still have some decent players in the squad it is a severely depleted one. Japan seemed to switch a number of players at HT in the game against Guatemala and will probably do the same in this one, all the usual players are there though Honda, Kagawa, Okazaki, Endo etc. The price is getting hammered into the ground and will probably continue to do so as Ghana's team news filters through, looks worth a play to me. Japan -1.0AH - 2.375 - bet365 - 5 Points Japan/Japan HT/FT - 2.62 - bet365 - 5 Points Japan -1.5AH - 3.1 - bet365 - 5 Points

Re: International Friendlies - 10th September According to the Ghana FA website, these are the players that arrived in Japan for the game: Goalkeepers: Fatau Dauda (Orlando Pirates, South Africa), Razak Braimah (Guadalajara, Spain) Defenders: Samuel Inkoom (Dnipro, Ukraine), Daniel Opare (Standard Liege, Belgium), Harrison Afful (Esperance, Tunisia), Kissi Boateng (TP Mazembe, DR Congo), John Boye (Rennes, France), Jonathan Mensah (Evian, France), Rashid Sumaila (Mamelodi Sundowns, South Africa) Midfielders: Rabiu Mohammed (Kuban Krasnodar, Russia), Yussif Raman Chibsah (Sassuolo, Italy), Albert Adomah (Middlesbrough, England), Solomon Asante (TP Mazembe, DR Congo) Christian Atsu (Vitesse Arnhem, Holland), Frank Acheampong (Anderlecht, Belgium) Strikers: Abdul Majeed Waris (Spartak Moscow, Russia), Mahatma Otoo (Sogndal, Norway)

Re: International Friendlies - 10th September

Japan v Ghana Well, this isn't actually a total friendly it's a Kirin Challenge Cup game! But either way fair to say Ghana don't really give a monkeys about it..They played in a WC Qualifier against Zambia at the weekend winning 2-1 to ensure their passage through, Japan played a friendly against Guatemala (in the Challenge Cup again) and won 3-0. The interesting part of this seemingly pointless game is that Ghana have sent back most of their players and will be sending out what appears to be a shadow squad, for example 5 of the front 6 that played against Zambia haven't even travelled to the game. Asamoah Gyan (Al Ain), Michael Essien (Chelsea), Mubarak Wakaso (Rubin Kazan), Andre Ayew (Marseille), Kevin Boateng (Schalke), Kevin Asamoah (Juventus) and Wakaso Mubarak (Rubin Kazan) have gone back to their clubs and although they still have some decent players in the squad it is a severely depleted one. Japan seemed to switch a number of players at HT in the game against Guatemala and will probably do the same in this one, all the usual players are there though Honda, Kagawa, Okazaki, Endo etc. The price is getting hammered into the ground and will probably continue to do so as Ghana's team news filters through, looks worth a play to me. Japan -1.0AH - 2.375 - bet365 - 5 Points WON Japan/Japan HT/FT - 2.62 - bet365 - 5 Points LOST Japan -1.5AH - 3.1 - bet365 - 5 Points WON
Finished 3-1, Japan were 1-0 down at HT so fair to say I wasn't confident although from what I had seen Japan were well on top, they left their best players on for the second half and it payed off as they eventually overpowered Ghana who had limited options on the bench..Great start to the day!

Re: International Friendlies - 10th September Thanks for the tip! My rule is I never bet on friendlies. Accidentally came in this thread and saw you all talking about Japan. Backed them, they won with ease in the end. Really pleased to make some profit on a friendly.

Re: International Friendlies - 10th September Brazil vs Portugal Despite being a friendly game, is a game where the teams will take seriously. In this case I believe that Brazil takes you more seriously. Portugal made ​​a good result but something misleading in Belfast ... Things just got easier after the expulsion of the enemy, yet proved to be a clumsy team, many defensive lapses. Thank CR7, Portugal won, I believe that if he was not in the eleven Portugal hardly win. Today he does not play and will make all the difference in the attack against a fully motivated Brazil, which has been well in the past lately. Showed great character in the Confederations Cup and beat Australia 6-0 with relative ease. It also has the advantage of being in the United States for more days than the Portuguese. Brazil will be the strongest eleven face to Portugal you should do some experiments and especially at some concern about physical state of some players. Do not forget though that Portugal currently has some players who are not used to this level opponents, much less experience the selection. Amorim, Lica, Michael, Nelson Oliveira, Vierinha are some examples. Above all I see a Brazil win with ease and score goals against a Portuguese defense that won Euro 2012 after the trend of conceding goals any opponent including Luxembourg Betting: Brazil over 2.5 goals odds 3.25 Bet365 (sorry my english :) )