NBA Picks, Friday

Still early but i'm looking at these two games: Memphis over Utah (+2) @ 1.96 (Pinnacle) Golden State over Indiana (-1) @ 1.98 (Pinnacle) Here's why: Utah Jazz Injuries: Carlos Boozer F Injured List Jarron Collins C Injured List Raul Lopez G Injured List Indiana Pacers Injuries: Ron Artest F Out For Season (suspension) Jonathan Bender F Injured List John Edwards C Injured List Jermaine O'Neal F Injured List Jamaal Tinsley G Day-to-Day (sore ankle)

Re: NBA Picks, Friday Memphis over Utah (+2) @ 1.96 (www.pinnaclesports.com) Injuries are the one that is the key in this one, no Boozer and Collins depletes Utah's frontcourt, leaving them with Kirilenko, Okur, Humphries and Borchardt. I hate the fact that Grizzlies are hurting as well, already withou Gasol and Wells for a while, and without Stro' as well. I expect this game to be VERY, VERY ugly, with two great defensive coaches (Fratello is probably the best in the NBA in that category), and not much offensive talent. Since Fratello took over as Memphis coach on Dec 2nd, their score has been 29-15 (65.9%), that's a winning percentage that would put them in the fourth spot on the Western Conference standings. And, they did have a bad 4 game losing streak in the Tzar-era. One thing he brings to a team is stability, and he did that again with Memphis. Grizzlies ARE banged up, but they won 4 of 5, and have no new injuries, so they can obviously win with the guys that are available at the moment. One more note, they beat Spurs away from home 5 games ago, do not underestimate that. Utah also caused some problem for the Spurs on Sunday (but it was sans-Duncan Spurs for most of the game). Their last game was a home lose to Indiana, and Rick Carlisle was forced to use his 24th starting lineup this season in that game. If Pacers could do it, why not Memphis? Key thing: I like Fratello's team going against Utah without 2 frontcourt starters. Golden State over Indiana (-1.5) @ 1.98 (www.pinnaclesports.com) You could read how i feel about GS in my posts on their last 2 games. They demolished 76ers, then nearly beat the champs, now they travel to Indiana. They are 5-4 since B Davis arrived, 3-3 on their tough road trip. They are NOT a 19-42 team, i guess everybody on this forum is aware of that now. Home team will definitely be without O'Neal, Bender and Tinsley (www.mercurynews.com : Tinsley is definitely out). You need your guards against GS, it's almost impossible to beat them without a strong effort from backcourt players. Not with the way BD, Fisher and Richardson are playing. And Warriors are not just a team of guards. Foyle has 8 blocks in his last 2 games, Muprhy is having a great season (16 ppg, 11 rpg), and their bench isn't that short after all. I just love the potential this team has. Key fact: (Road) Warriors' confidence is high, they are playing their 7th road game in 11 days and they don't complain about it, and at this moment their top three guards are the best guard trio in NBA (i'm talking about current form). Expect even better from this team when they finally get home, even with a VERY tough schedule.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.