Scottish Football - 2nd - 4th August

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 2 August 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Partick Thistle v Dundee United (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.42[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 3 August 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Aberdeen v Kilmarnock (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.02[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.47 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Inverness Caledonian Thistle v St Mirren (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.35 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]St Johnstone v Hearts (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.03 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Celtic v Ross County (17:15 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.28[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]15[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.83 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 4 August 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Hibernian v Motherwell (13:15 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.95[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Scottish Football - 2nd - 4th August It's been a long, long summer ... yet still somehow the Scottish Cup final feels like only yesterday. Yet again, it's been a bonkers summer in the crazy old world that is Scottish football. The SPL no longer exists - we have the shiny new (but sponsorless) Scottish Professional Football League, which is divided into four divisions named the Premiership, Championship, League One and League Two (wonder where they got that idea from?). We also now have a Lowland League, which along with the Highland League, will feed teams in to League Two ... but not until next season. I'll be focusing almost entirely on the Premiership (and the cups), but may dip into the other divisions occasionally. There have been plenty of ins and outs as per usual and most sides are an unknown quantity on the eve of the new season. Celtic have lost Victor Wanyama and Gary Hooper, but will still be far too strong for the rest - although expect them to drop points while still in Europe as that will be their primary focus in the knowledge they'll win the title regardless. At the bottom, it's important to note that Hearts start on -15 points, as they're in administration. Elsewhere, St Johnstone (whose European exploits have already made waves) have a new manager in the shape of former assistant Tommy Wright, as do Kilmarnock, who replaced Kenny Shiels with Queen of the South boss Allan Johnston, a former Killie player. Caley Thistle have again sold the vast majority of their team and replaced them with freed English youngsters, while Motherwell have splashed the cash to tie-up James McFadden and Stephen McManus and Dundee United have brought back £2.5m striker David Goodwillie on loan. For what it's worth, if I had a gun held to my head and ordered to predict how the table will shape up come May, I'd suggest the following. 1 - Celtic 2 - Motherwell 3 - Aberdeen 4 - Inverness Caley 5 - St Johnstone 6 - Dundee Utd 7 - Ross County 8 - Kilmarnock 9 - Hibs 10 - St Mirren 11 - Hearts 12 - Partick Thistle I can't resist a small play on tonight's opener. Partick Thistle v Dundee United - Over 2.5 goals @ 2.02 with 188Bet Intriguing start to the season as United are managed by the man who is almost entirely responsible for Thistle being in the top flight. Jackie McNamara moved north about three quarters into last season with Thistle in prime promotion position. He left in stormy circumstances with a row over bonuses denting his relationship with the fans. He then returned to cherry-pick Paton and Erskine, two key men from his former team. That should help build a spicy atmosphere tonight. On the pitch, I think we'll see this season two teams far more comfortable attacking than they are defending. Thistle's front three of Forbes, Lawless and Doolan know where the goal is, and in playmaker Forbes they've got a man who threatened a few years back to hit the heights. His career stalled a bit, but he won't look out of place in the Premiership this season. Defensively, they're untested at this level, and in the likes of Goodwillie, Mackay-Steven and new signing Ciftci, United are going to make chances.

Re: Scottish Football - 2nd - 4th August Aberdeen v Kilmarnock - home win 2.02 Aberdeen have been busy this summer in the transfer market with Derek McIness buying experience rather than unknown lower league English flops for a change. I expect a good season from the dons and believe it will start in tomorrow's opener at Pittodrie. The dons are usually impressive in the opening game of the season and especially at Pittodrie where a big crowd should turn up. There is a certain buzz about the city before every season but this one seems to have more of an appetite for my fellow reds. I expect a home win here which will ultimately lead to European qualification come next may. Come on you reds!

Aberdeen v Kilmarnock - home win 2.02 Aberdeen have been busy this summer in the transfer market with Derek McIness buying experience rather than unknown lower league English flops for a change. I expect a good season from the dons and believe it will start in tomorrow's opener at Pittodrie. The dons are usually impressive in the opening game of the season and especially at Pittodrie where a big crowd should turn up. There is a certain buzz about the city before every season but this one seems to have more of an appetite for my fellow reds. I expect a home win here which will ultimately lead to European qualification come next may. Come on you reds!
GL with your bet! Please remember to quote bookmaker used :)

Re: Scottish Football - 2nd - 4th August Impressive in the opening game? 12/13 - Celtic 1 - 0 Aberdeen & Aberdeen 0 - 0 Ross County 11/12 - Aberdeen 0 - 0 St Johnstone 10/11 - Aberdeen 4 - 0 Hamilton 09/10 - Aberdeen 1 - 3 Celtic 08/09 - Aberdeen 0 - 2 ICT 07/08 - Dundee Utd 1 - 0 Aberdeen & Aberdeen 1 - 1 Hearts Take out the Celtic games and they've drawn the majority of their first home games in the last 6 years. I'm going with the draw Aberdeen v Kilmarnock - draw @ 3.6 with Bet365

Re: Scottish Football - 2nd - 4th August Hibs v Motherwell Bet; Buy Total Corners @ 10.75 (Sporting Index) Reasoning; Pullien stats pitch the mark at more like 11.3. Hibs home matches last season averaged 11.05 whilst Motherwells aways averaged 11.68. League average over 5 years is 10.6. Matches between the two at Easter Road averaging 11.5 over last 5 years

Re: Scottish Football - 2nd - 4th August Take out the Celtic games and they've drawn the majority of their first home games in the last 6 years. I'm going with the draw Aberdeen v Kilmarnock - draw @ 3.6 with Bet365 Not this time buddy 2-1 the reds and never looked in doubt as the experienced midfield dominated the killed one, also it could've easily finished about 7-1. Hope you didn't stack on the draw?