Profit with Poseidon

The aim of the game I am guessing for all of us is to make a profit of some sorts. I am not claiming to be the next coming or the next big thing when it comes to tipping. I am simply here to try and make a profit and to try and share my thoughts with all of you on here. I don't have any systems and I don't claim to get inside information or anything like that. I watch as many races as I can as I feel this is the best way to make your daily selections. This thread will log all of my bets and follow the same structure as many other threads on this forum. I will begin with a 200pt bank and will place bets from 1-5pts. I tend to avoid the lower grade stuff and the lower grade tracks so most bets will come towards the end of the week but I am certainly not afraid of having several bets in one day. If my initial bank does disappear (lets hope it doesn't come to that) then I will simply top it up and go again. I thought I would start today as I do love the July meeting so wish me luck :)

Re: Profit with Poseidon 2.40 Newmarket - Danadana 2pts - 9/2 Bet365 -Return to quick ground should suit -Ryan Moore on board -Yard in good nick -Possible muddling pace may offset stamina doubts although I think he will have no problems with the trip -3 rivals returning from over 100 days off the track -2 previous good runs at the course

Re: Profit with Poseidon 1.40 Newmarket - Boite 1pt each way - 13/2 Bet365 -Yard finally in some sort of form -Might just handle drop back in trip better than those he raced against at Ascot -Tactically versatile -Hammered Remote when winning at Pontefract -Nice each way bet if all 8 take their chance -Spencer in better form now

Re: Profit with Poseidon John Smiths Cup - Niceofyoutotellme 2pts each way - 10/1 Hills -Been waiting for the draw for this one and he has been reasonably well drawn in 14. Low draw a negative -Loves quick ground -Won both starts this season -Form of last win given a boost -Won shade cosily last time out -Crowley a solid jockey -Like the trainer -Nice race weight of 8-11

Re: Profit with Poseidon 4.05 York - Demora 2pts win - 6/1 William Hill -Highly progressive sprinter -Win last time out has been franked several times -I like front runners over sprint trips at York -Connections seem to have a superstition with this horse in regards to how long it needs between races. Last 3 wins after breaks of 33, 32 and 32 days. Tomorrow will be after a break of 33 days. -Happy to follow sprinters in form -Slight negatives are the draw and the fact she drifted left at Nottingham but other than that she looks a filly going places.

Re: Profit with Poseidon 2.25 York - Rosdhu Queen 3pts win - 5/2 Bet365 -William Haggas in good form -William Haggas good record at the track -Neil Callan booked who is one of the top jockeys at the track -Great run at Ascot in behind Lethal Force -Restless in stalls last time out so familiar track where she has won before might help her pre-race -Down in class here and up against own sex

Re: Profit with Poseidon 3.05 Ascot - Swinging Hawk 1pt each way - 8/1 Bet365 -First win for current connections last time out -First sign of ability for Ian Williams -Hard to not be impressed by his turn of foot at the end of the race -Gets in here off light weight -Ryan Powell 1 from 1 on him -Ian Williams in good form -Possible that trainer has finally got to the bottom of him but also could have just been a flash in the pan

Re: Profit with Poseidon 3.15 Newmarket - Heavens Guest 1pt each way - 10/1 BetVictor -Improving horse -2 good previous runs at York -Did well to finish where he did last time out -Should hopefully get more cover today, which could see him go even closer -Ryan Moore on board a huge positive -Handles quick ground -Several recent winners of this race have come from a high draw so that a positive too

Re: Profit with Poseidon 3.30 York - Art Scholar 2pts win - 12/1 Ladbrokes -Shaped MUCH better than his finishing position would suggest at Royal Ascot -Still 3lbs above highest winning mark but that came in a more competitive race than this one -Strong traveller and does not need them to go quick up front -8 wins and 6 placed efforts from 25 starts -Track should suit -Possibly prefer softer ground but he has won on quick ground in the past

Re: Profit with Poseidon 2.20 York - Sun Central 3pts win - 7/2 William Hill -Don't think the race Montaser won lto was that great -Sun Central gets his ground -Trainer in good form and has a great record at the track -2 good runs this season -Pulled well clear with in form horse last time out -Seb Sanders had a few recent winners

Re: Profit with Poseidon 3.50 Newmarket - Shea Shea 3pts win - 4/1 Bet365 -High class international raider -Can break recent trends to win this -Big run at Ascot last time out on probably wrong side of the track -No problem with the trip -Top class International jockey -Plenty of doubts over opposition

Re: Profit with Poseidon 3.15 Newmarket - Redvers 1pt each way - 14/1 Bet365 -Fits plenty of recent trends for this race -Drawn well -Neil Callan in good form at the moment -Has won over 7f -Goes on the ground -Good run at Royal Ascot and in good form this season

Re: Profit with Poseidon 2.30 Ascot - Guest of Honour - 1pt each way - 11/1 William Hill -Progressive horse -Should handle the ground -Very impressive win last time out at Windsor at listed level -Montiridge franked that form -Unlucky to not have more than 1 win this season -Botti in good form and good record here -Martin Harley in good form

Re: Profit with Poseidon 5.35 Newmarket - Willie Wag Tail - 1pt each way - 8/1 William Hill -lightly raced and unexposed as has looked unlucky several times -Top jockey booked -Drops in class -First run of season should have brought him on -Purchased by Qatar Racing -Plenty of weight to carry here but I feel on a mark of 90 he is some way ahead of the handicapper

Re: Profit with Poseidon Cheers Aidy. Profit on a tough day thanks to Sun Central winning and both Guest of Honour and Manndawi placing. Shea Shea disappointed but Redvers went close to a place finishing 5th. Niceofyoutotellme very poor as was Willie Wag Tail.

Re: Profit with Poseidon 3.35 Fairyhouse - Russian Soul 3pts win - 11/4 William Hill -Ultra consistent -In good form -Big run last time out behind Slade Power who franked the form yesterday in the July Cup -Only twice finished unplaced in 16 starts. Doesn't win often but deserves a change in luck -I like this trainer/jockey combination -Favourite is too short for me despite good run on first start in this country

Re: Profit with Poseidon Bets 17 Profitable bets 4 Staked 40 Returned 34.78 Profit -5.22 Strike Rate 23.5% Not the start I was after but not certainly not the end of the World. Could have been much better with a little more luck but onwards and upwards!

Re: Profit with Poseidon 5.00 Ayr - Hi There 1.5pts each way - 13/2 William Hill -8 runners so perfect for an each way bet as long as nothing comes out -Promising run last time out doing best of those held up -Trainer and jockey in good recent form -Looks capable off current mark -Goes on quick ground

Re: Profit with Poseidon 7.50 Wolverhampton - Summer Dream 1pt each way - 11/1 BetVictor -Improved run with blinkers on last time out. Back on today -Looks better horse on the all weather -Top trainer at the track -Unlucky last time out as met interference -Botti in good form at the moment -Looks very open race... wouldn't want to back anything at a short price in this. -Moderate bunch

Re: Profit with Poseidon Terrible day yesterday losing all my discipline! 4.30 Beverley - Summer Dancer 2pts win - 12/1 Bet365 -CD winner -4lbs lower than latest win back in September last year -Yard already had a winner today -Regular rider Micky Fenton remains on board -Handles quick ground -Bit of an all or nothing selection as I think he will win or bomb out