BBOTD > Tuesday 2nd July

Manger Hanagement looks a big price going by my own tissue. The Barry Brennan trained 8 year old gelding was impressive back in April at Taunton when winning a Class 4 Handicap chase, beating the Tizzard horse Health Is Wealth, who was placed here at Stratford at 40/1 a couple of weeks ago. He is now only 2 pounds higher than that success at Taunton, so is handicapped to go well once more. He travelled well for a long way last time out at Fakenham over further, so the step back in trip should suit. Barry Brennan seldom runs a horse at Stratford, this is his 10th ever runner here, but he is 2 from 9 at the track. *Manger Hanagement > Stratford 7:10 > Each-Way @ 20/1 VC BOG*

Re: BBOTD > Tuesday 2nd July 16.00 Hamilton: Beacon Lodge @ 5/1 Paddy Power Beacon Lodge doesn't get any younger but this small field might play into his hands. I thought he showed a very impressive return to form at Ayr recently over 1m, when he travelled very well in the middle of the pack and looked to have a huge chance of winning the race but he found himself in a very difficult position where he couldn't get out and had to sit and suffer until very late when finally a bit of room emerged and he finished very strongly indeed. I think he would have taken this race with a clear run. So I think he can give the very short favourite a real race here tomorrow. Quick Wit looks to prefer a bit further actually and it is a possiblity that there won't be too much of pace on here tomorrow, which should then be in favour of Beacon Lodge i would like to think. Of course he has loads to find on ratings with the favourite, but for me it doesn't look all that clear as the odds are suggesting.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.