England vs New Zealand - ODI Series

kevshat

After England came out victorious in the test series, England and New Zealand now prepare for the Champions Trophy by playing three ODI's over the next week. All matches are live on Sky and are all on good scoring grounds so they should be three good games. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%]Fri May 31 09:45 GMT | 10:45 local 10:45 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st ODI - England v New Zealand Lord's, London [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 30.png 11 - 22° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun Jun 2 09:45 GMT | 10:45 local 10:45 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd ODI - England v New Zealand The Rose Bowl, Southampton [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 28.png 9 - 17° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Wed Jun 5 13:00 GMT | 14:00 local 14:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 3rd ODI - England v New Zealand Trent Bridge, Nottingham [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series Series preview: 3pts England to win series 3-0 9/4 Coral Despite their perceived woes in 50 over cricket England have only lost one bilateral ODI series in England since 2008 so they are pretty good in their own surroundings and while New Zealand will be more competitive, especially with the bat, in this series and will play even more attacking cricket I think England will have too much for them. England should have way too much with the ball but their batting line up is long, explosive and when given a good platform devastating and not only do I think England will win the series but I think they can win it 3-0 too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-new-zealand-odi-series-england-can-power-to-a-3-0-win-to-warm-up-for-champions-trophy-20130530

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series Top England Bat preview: 2pts J.Trott Top England Series Batsman 4/1 Skybet Jonathan Trott top scored for England in the three match series in New Zealand back in February and I think he has every chance of doing it again. His form in the test series was good and he just loves batting and on these wickets he can plod along at one end while the strokemakers up the run rate at the other end which is a perfect combination. Much has been written about Jonathan Trott in the last couple of days so he can shut the critics up with a flurry of runs in this three match series. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-new-zealand-odi-series-betting-jonathan-trott-can-lead-england-s-scoring-in-odi-s-20130530

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series Top NZ series bat preview: 2pts R.Taylor Top New Zealand Series Batsman 4/1 Skybet Ross Taylor had a decent knock in both Test matches and while he was producing those runs he looked at ease both in the conditions and against this English attack. That bodes well for him in this series and I expect him to go well. At Trent Bridge he’ll find a short mid-wicket boundary which is his slot to slog into and I can see him scoring well there but with runs behind him and some confidence at last Taylor can show his class in this series. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-new-zealand-odi-series-betting-ross-taylor-can-pummel-england-in-odi-series-20130530

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series 1st ODI preview: 4pts Over 4.5 6's 5/6 Stan James I would expect England to win this match but having backed them to win the series 3-0 I don’t need to back them again. One bet I do like in this match is for there to be over 4.5 sixes. Since the fence has stopped being the boundary at Lords the ropes have been much more reachable and with both sides having plenty of six hitters in their ranks I expect to see at least five sixes if not a few more. With the outfield slow both sides will take the aerial route when they can so I expect the ropes to be cleared quite often here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-new-zealand-1st-odi-betting-lords-crowd-might-see-more-maximums-than-expected-20130530

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series One more bet for the series. 2pts M.McClenaghan Top New Zealand Series Bowler 5/1 William Hill Mitchell McClenaghan has a decent record in ODI's and that isn't a record which is padded in New Zealand as he was the top wicket taker in NZ's series in South Africa at the turn of the year. In the series with England in New Zealand he was the top wicket taker with Tim Southee even though he only played one match! We've seen on this tour already how Trent Boult has got at England in the test matches and we really do struggle with left arm bowlers. I'm thinking back to the likes of Zaheer Khan, Mohammad Amir, dare I say it Mitchell Johnson when he gets it right and even Boult himself so it is a problem England have which McClenaghan can exploit and in a three match series where I don't expect New Zealand to take many more than 15 wickets the left armer can get more than the lions share of them.

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series Cook over 28.5 runs at 1.83 Ladbrokes - Cook was in good form in the two test matches just played, especially with the second innings knock of 130 odd. I fancy him to keep his run going and should easily make this line against a weakened bowling line up without the impressive Boult.

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series Taken two bets involving Butler today. With him being the wicketkeeper I can see him having a good impact on the game taking plenty of catches. He can be devastating with the bat aswell and will be looking to cement his place in the side for the champions trophy. Butler 30 and over player performance points at 1.83 Bet365 & a small bet on Butler MOTM at 17.00 WilliamHill

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series I'm a couple of miles from Lords and the conditions are the moment are overcast and a little breezy. But it looks like it will brighten later. The result of the toss will be quite important. If England bat first happy to roll with Kev's over on the 6's as Cook and Trott see us through to brighter weather. If NZ bat first we could get into them very quickly.

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series Good work in the opening game Ciderhead :clap. Sunday preview: 4pts New Zealand Most 6's 6/5 Coral These two have played four ODIs against each other in 2013 and New Zealand have hit the most 6’s in every one of them and I see no reason why that can’t happen again here. New Zealand have the longer batting line up with Tim Southee down on the card at nine while England are probably just a batsman light which may well stop them taking too many risks too early. England’s top three aren’t really known for clobbering attacks over the ropes so I like the Kiwis to hit the most sixes here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-new-zealand-2nd-odi-betting-new-zealand-can-continue-to-hit-the-most-sixes-20130601

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series Two more for me as well as the above one. 3pts K.Williamson's Performance Pts - 34&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch and 20pts per wicket. Kane Williamson is becoming a handy all round cricketer all of a sudden. He has always been very good with the bat and I would expect him to be good with the bat once again here but his off spin is becoming a vital asset even if his action is more than a touch questionable in my opinion. Williamson showed in the Test series that he can score against this bowling attack and this should be a good wicket for batting so I would expect him to go well here, especially if the openers can negate the first 8-10 overs. If this wicket does anything it might turn a bit which brings his off spin into play. McCullum bowled Williamson in the powerplay overs on Friday so he clearly has faith in him and so he could well bag a wicket here too. With him fielding around the bat catches aren't out of the question either so Kane Williamson has every chance of totaling 34pts if not a lot more. 1pt E.Morgan Man of the Match 18/1 Ladbrokes Eoin Morgan hasn't had the best of times of it since he returned from the IPL but he is too good an act for that run to continue. He showed in the IPL what he is all about and he plays here on a ground he clearly enjoys playing at as he has two ODI centuries from five knocks on this ground which isn't bad considering where he bats. If he gets going in this match then it will catch the eye because those above him will have plodded a bit so Morgan will be taking England up to a decent score. 18/1 is three times the price Morgan is to top score in the England innings but it will take a phenomenal bowling performance for a bowler to get the MOM award on this flat wicket so I'll take a chance on Morgan top scoring for England which in turn gives him a shot at this. Of course he only needs to be within 10-20 of someone above him in the order if he has hit 70+ to have a chance here. However you look at it 18/1 is a touch big for someone with his record on this ground.

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series Cheers Kev, let's hope for a better performance from England today Couple for me today Over 5.5 sixes 1.83 WilliamHill The outfield at Lords was still slow and England struggled to have anyone stay in and build on the scores they started with. This time around they will be desperate to put in a better performance this time round. Both sides have plenty of players capable of hitting sixes and Guptil hit four by himself in the last ODI. Over 45.5 Boundaries 1.83 WilliamHill At Lord's there was 46 boundaries hit on an outfield that was quite slow and in a match which was fairly low scoring. The YB40 matches at the Rose Bowl this year have seen high scores posted and I can see this being repeated here. Both sides have players capable of finding the boundary and I expect this line to be covered quite comfortably Jos Buttler 36 & Over Performance Points Bet365 1.83 I took this bet in the first match at a lower threshold and Buttler managed to make the mark. That was in a game which wasn't set up for him to come in and play his natural game as others got out far too early and he couldn't afford to expose the lower order to early. If Buttler can come in towards the end of the innings he will look to score runs quickly. I'd fancy him to take a catch or two in the innings which will take the pressure off for the number of runs he needs to make to cover the line

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series

How did both you and the bookies appear to get this so wrong? Even after New Zealand comfortably won the first match, the odds for the second match were identical to the first, with New Zealand as reasonable underdogs at 6/4. Was it simply down to the bowlers England were missing or what is your take on your incorrect prediction and the bookies' decision to keep New Zealand as underdogs for the second match?
When I backed England, Dernbach was nowhere near the squad. His call up came too late for me. No surprise that New Zealand were underdogs for the second match. I'd be surprised if they're not underdogs for the third one as well.

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series Good couple of calls in that one Kev Awful England performance though, Dernbach and Bresnan are not England quality. Would like to see Trott open the batting if he's going to be in the side and encourage the others to be more aggressive in their approach. New Zealand will start as outsiders again in the last ODI and depending on the price and England selection could be well worth a bet

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series 3rd ODI preview: 5pts New Zealand Most 6's Evs Skybet So far in this series New Zealand have won the sixes battle 4-0 and 6-1 and however the teams line up I would expect that trend to continue, purely because none of England’s top four, which will probably be unchanged, are big hitters whereas whichever top four New Zealand use there will be a couple capable of big shots in there. England’s bowling shouldn’t be as bad in this match but there are still bowlers to target so the evens on New Zealand to hit the most sixes is still bigger than it should be. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-new-zealand-3rd-odi-betting-new-zealand-can-continue-to-hit-the-most-sixes-at-trent-bridge-20130604

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series The last ODI takes place tomorrow at Trent Bridge with England hoping to put in a better performance to set them up for the champions trophy. With Broad and Finn both possibilities to play the bowling attack could be much stronger. Games at Trent Bridge in the 40 over domestic game have been fairly high scoring and I expect the same to happen again tomorrow. The matches in the ODI series have been high scoring and in particular the last one with bowlers really struggling to exert any kind of controNew Zealand have demonstrated their ability with the bat and ball so far in the series and have plenty of players capable of finding the boundary and clearing the ropes. The England top order have been getting out far too early in the game to allow the likes of Morgan and Buttler to come in and play their natural aggressive games towards the end of the innings. I don't see this pattern changing with England likely to keep the same batting side and order. Over 48.5 Boundaries 1.83 Over 6.5 Sixes 1.83 New Zealand Most sixes 1.83 All with WilliamHill

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series One for me for the last ODI as well, already have betted on a century on the game as per my glory hunt thread. 5 pts Total Match Wides Over 12.5 @ 1.83 StanJ The last 2 ODIs saw 11 wides & 16 wides so I dont think 13 wides are to much to ask for here espicially if we have Dernbach and Woakes bowling again for England. Even if either Finn or Broad come back I wont be to dissapointed as Finn has a lot of pace and hopefully a bouncer can go over the keepers head for 5 wides. In terms of New Zealands wicketkeeper I dont rate him at all and the last ODI he wasnt the best so hopefully there will be 1 or 2 5 widers down the leg side.

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series Two more for me today. 3pts K.Williamson's Performance Pts - 38&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Kane Williamson comfortably covered his performance target which was four points lower than this one in the last ODI. In that match he scored runs and took wickets and I see very much the same in this match. He's good enough to cover this total with the bat but Brendon McCullum has been bringing him on in the batting powerplay which has been like a red rag to a bull so far and he's taken wickets in both powerplays. With that in mind there has to be a strong chance that over half of this line will be wiped out with a wicket and if it is then I'd be very surprised if Williamson doesn't polish the rest off with the bat, if not cover it with the bat alone. He can cover it with bat and ball which makes it look a perfectly achievable total in this final ODI. 2pts J.Anderson Top England Bowler 11/4 William Hill It remains to be seen if Jimmy Anderson will play because there is talk he will be rested but if he does play then he has every chance of being the top wicket taker. England are almost certain to rest Graeme Swann so arguably Anderson's biggest danger will be out of the side. Anderson enjoys bowling at Trent Bridge as we all know. He has 12 wickets in his last 4 ODIs on this ground which is a very good record and with a little bit of cloud cover around this afternoon, if England bowl first then conditions should be to Jimmy's liking. Either way though he's been a threat throughout the series with a ball which hasn't swung so given the chances it will swing here the 11/4 looks a decent price if he plays.

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series Sh*t bowling was the reason for that one but scoring rates will always be quicker at the end of the innings than the start when proper batsmen are in because the fear factor disappears.