Jump racing - Tues 28th May

3:50 - Newton Abbott There are two runner that interest me in this field and I think the winner will be Anquetta. The gelding won 16 days ago over this distance at Worcester in a cl2, whereas the other runner that interests me, Fiftyonefiftyone, won at this course last week in a cl4. This is a cl3 for around half the money that Anquetta won and Sam Waley Cohen takes the rides instead of David Bass, so he has the advantage of carrying a 5lb claim which means that the horse is running from the same mark. Anquetta's Nicky Henderson has a better chase win rate than Fiftyonefiftyone's Oliver Sherwood over the past year, but the lesser known trainer pips Henderson for the better May chase performance with 3 wins from 6 compared to the champion trainer's 2 victories from 6. These two are currently vying for favouritism with Fiftyonefiftyone just ahead in the betting. I think that will change come race time and therefore I will take 11/4 with paddypower on Anquetta :hope

Re: Jump racing - Tues 28th May 2:20 Newton Abbott - Keep The Cash Following two unsuccessful NHF attempts the 5yo went straight into novice hurdles for a further two goes. LTO he was short by 4 lengths and now goes into a maiden hurdle, which is arguable an easier event. This year, Tom Scudamore has won four of 20 maiden hurdles with a further 7 places. Three of them have been for today's trainer with another three places from 10. No mainstream prices released yet, although Marathonbet have it available at 11/2. Trading on Betfair at 8.6.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.