BBOTD - Monday 27th May

17.35 Redcar: Looks Like Rain @ 7/2 Bet365 This looks a bit like a penalty kick for Looks Like Rain to me. All she needs is a clear run, then I expect her to hack up tomorrow in this race. She was so unlucky three weeks ago at Newcastle, yet finished the race really strongly despite all the trouble, in the manner of a horse that has a couple of pounds in hand. In that particular race she got outpaced 4f out but made then some nice headway on the inside. To be in that position proofed fatal as she found herself short of room there due to a tiring front-runner. She almost landed in the rails, lost clearly her balance but stuck to the task, fought bravely for position to get finally in the clear. Once straighten up she finished like a train but the bird was flown already. With a trouble free run she would have gone very close though I think. She steps up further in trip tomorrow, is back over 1m 6f what should very much suit as well as she drops in class. Ground should be perfectly fine for her and the 2lb raise in the mark shouldn't make too much of a difference. She really should prove too good for the rest in this field with conditions to suit over this sort of trip.

Re: BBOTD - Monday 27th May *Jaunty Journey > Cartmel 3:40 > WIN @ 10/1 Bet365 BOG* Jumped a hell of a lot better than he normally does last time out and that led to a 12 length win at Uttoxeter. Is now up 9 pounds for that win, up to 117, but he did win at Aintree off 120 back in 2011, so is potentially still nicely handicapped. Very competitive race, but the horse looks to have improved.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.