Flat Racing - Saturday 25th May

17:30 Haydock
Redvers
has done most of his winning at 6 furlongs (3/4 wins) but he has produced some great efforts over today's trip of 7 furlongs having won over the trip once and placed over the trip on several occasions. His last win came at Ascot last year in a ladies race which was his first and only win over the 7 furlongs, a race which I wouldn't look into the formline at all being honest but it shows he can handle the trip. He has also posted several other good runs over this trip including on his reappearance at Ascot just two weeks ago in the Victoria Cup where he finished a very creditable 4/26 off a mark of 89 which he will run off of again today. He did make some late headway that day and I believe that run will have blown away any cobwebs and he will come on from that run today. He has yet to win first time out in any season so that's another reason why I feel he may have just needed that run last time out. He has had the one previous run over course and distance where he finished 5/12 off a mark of 86 last year. The good to firm ground won't trouble him having won on firm and good to firm ground previously.
1pt win Redvers @ 11/2 (Bet
Victor
- BOG)

Re: Flat Racing - Saturday 25th May

14:55 York
So many of these runners line up with a strong chance of winning this race with several course and distance winners in the field and a few potential improvers. The lightly raced
Jamaican Bolt
really took my eye last time out on his reappearance at Doncaster back in March in what was his first try over 6 furlongs since his debut back in 2010. He travelled like a dream throughout the race and was still going well around a furlong out but his effort petered out inside the final furlong. Obviously with this being his first run since October he was probably in need of a run and I expect him to strip a lot fitter for today's race. The fact he drops back down to the minimum trip where all three of his wins so far have been over is another positive. He won two handicaps over 5 furlongs last year off marks of 75 and 85. He also ran over today's course and distance twice last season finishing 7/9 off a mark of 84 and 4/11 off a mark of 92 where he was only beaten just 2 lengths. He finished 2012 off with another placed effort finishing 2/21 at Doncaster, again off a mark of 92. He runs off the same mark of 95 today as he did last time out but William Twiston-Davies once again takes the ride like last time out who claims a valuable 5lbs. Ideally I would like the ground to go on the soft side of good but still believe in good ground he should run a decent race. Amongst the others in the race,
Duke of Firenze
for Sir Michael Stoute has to be respected after a good win at Goodwood last time out, another lightly raced horse and one that is probably likely to improve. It would be stupid to rule out course and distance winners
Judge 'N Jury
and
York Glory
who both ran decent races at the track last time out.
1pt E/W Jamaican Bolt @ 15/2 (Stan James - BOG, 1/4 odds, 1,2,3,4)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.