BBOTD - Saturday 25th May

16.55 Haydock: Mappin Time @ 8/1 Bet365 Mappin Time won this race last year and he looks perfectly primed for another crack. He really caught the eye at Doncaster three weeks ago when he never really got a run. He was travelling in rear, where he had a bunch of horses in front of his nose which made life difficult. When the pace increased he couldn't react, as from 3f out there was simply no way through for him with all the horses in front of him. He made a bit of headway when a gap opened around two furlongs out, yet he was short room soon again. Eventually he switched to the outside over 1f out and finished the race decent enough, but all chances were gone. I thought he looked much much better than the bare form suggest in that race and the fact that he gets off 2lb of his mark makes him a really well handicapped horse now, being 1lb below last years winning mark. With fast ground expected he should have conditions in his favour as well, so I really expect a big run.

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 25th May 2.15 Curragh: Coach House @1/1 Paddy Power 10/10 Inexperience beat him first time out at the curragh but made no mistake next time by bolting up at tipperary beating a subsequent winner of Bolgers who is Ascot bound by 6.5lengths easily. Stubbs also has potential as has the bolger horse but my selection is the choice of the stable jockey and will win tomorrow enroute to Ascot. The horse of Deegans who beat him fto also reopposes but I am confident that the selection will deliver. 3.20 Curragh: Magician @5/2 Boylesports 5/10 On his 2yo form Van Der Neer wins this. He ran well in the English equivalent staying on to finish 3rd to Dawn Approach. He will stay further than the mile in time and I rate him as a danger. What puts me off is that Hughes was never going to ride him in the Guineas. His form on the track is the best by some way however. So why Magician? Well he won a very good maiden in the curragh over a mile eased down last year albeit on heavy ground and looked good and was well backed to do so when bolting up at chester over 10 furlongs. O' Brien has a fantastic record in this race and I hear that this horse has been beating Cristoforo Columbo at home who had better 2yo form and who was not far behind the Hannon horse in the Guineas. Taking everything into consideration Magician has to be the pick. I don't rate the other horses as good enough. Murtagh's horse is the only other one with potential. 3:55 Curragh: Was @ 9/2 BetVictor 4/1 generally 3/10 This concerns Camponata, Was and Chigun. I rule out Camponata due to the ground and the stable's dreadful record in the Curragh. Chigun has won in this grade, will love the trip and is improving. If my selection does not run up to par, expect this filly to capitalise. Was won the Oaks last year and although her best trip is probably 10 furlongs I expect her to be equally effective here over the mile. For the first time in a year she has her ground and last year competed at the highest level in every race. Back down in grade today I expect her class to win out. Nap Coach House. If you must have a bet in the other 2 races go for my ones!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.