BBOTD - Thursday 23rd May

14.35 Goodwood: Swift Bounty @ 5/1 Bet365 Swift Bounty probably made it into many notebookes two weeks ago on his handicap debut at Ascot. He travelled like a dream in rear, made eye-catching headway from 3f out, but found life difficult having a bunch of horses in front of him. He is short of room around the 2f marker for the first time and has to delay a challenge, he picks up again, but gets racing room denied 1f out again. He has to wait until finally a gap opens up, he quickens again and finishes only hands and heels ridden an impressive 4th. Obviously this was a much better performance than the bare result suggested and he looks way ahead of his opening mark of 79 in my mind. He should really run a huge race tomorrow, if he stays the additional furlong. That is the only slight worry. The jockey/trainer combination works very well though, both have fantastic records at Goodwood as well and Michael J M Murphy is well worth his 5lb claim anyway.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 23rd May

15:10 Goodwood
I fancy Henry Candy's
The Confessor
to land this class 2 handicap over a course and distance that this gelding clearly acts at with form of 3133 over course and distance. He's also finished 3rd here over 6 furlongs. In fact since winning over course and distance last year off a mark of 86 in a big handicap, he has placed here twice off today's mark of 90. The most recent being on his reappearance at this track 19 days ago where he just seemed to have lacked a recent run having travelled well throughout the race and looking the likely winner at one point in my opinion before running out of steam close to home. The winner that day
George Guru
also goes in this race but my selection has a 5lb swing of the weights in his favour which should be enough to reverse the form in my opinion. The fact he has now had a recent run in him should also make him last home considering this is his preferred trip of 7 furlongs having won 3 of his 4 races over the trip. Cathy Gannon has won on him previously and takes the ride again today. She has only unplaced once on board from 5 runs when in the saddle.
Win The Confessor @ 7/2 (
Bet365
- BOG)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.