Flat Racing > Monday 13th May

*Montiridge > Windsor 7:20 > WIN @ 5/4 Coral BOG* Nice little Listed race at Windsor tomorrow. Can't see past the Hannon horse myself, should have too much class for the rest. Won his maiden at Newbury, followed that up with a win at Sandown and then last time out finished a close second in a Group 3 behind Trading Leather at Newmarket, which is the best form on offer. Don't Call Me should be a threat and can bounce back to form here, the horse was second in a Listed race two starts back. Think the favourite should win this though.

Re: Flat Racing > Monday 13th May 15.25 Wolverhampton: Gift Of Music @ 9/4 Paddy Power - 4pts win Gift Of Music ran in eye-catching fashion in her both career starts now and I think she looks a bit overpriced now as I have her a clearer favourite in this poor race. She won her maiden on debut at Wolverhampton over 6f in very convincing fashion, travelling nicely there and scored in good fashion under a strong hands and heels ride. Despite the narrow winning margin she was always in control of the race. On her seasonal reappearance two weeks ago at Nottingham she was allocated an opening mark of 68 and the way she travelled and finished the race suggests this could be lenient. She didn't win but was surly an unlucky loser as she travelled well enough in rear but didn't find a gap from 3f out while racing on the inside rails. She switched to the left over 1f out eventually and finished easily in 4th while not doing much though, the bird was flown at this stage anyway. With a clear run she would have finished much closer, probably even won. This came over 5f but I feel the step up to 6f, the distance she has won on debut, might suit better. I think over this trip and on the All-Weather she's ahead of the handicapper and the only slight worry is that she's drawn widest of all. 18.50 Windsor: Monsieur Rieussec @ 12/1 Bet365 - 1pt win This looks a wide open race in my mind as there are a couple of horses with stamina doubts in the field and some shouldn't be good enough to win. Monsieur Rieussec looks massively overpriced in my mind though as he's stepping up in trip, racing for the first time over 10f, what should suit as well as well as the good ground which is expected at Windsor tomorrow evening. Monsieur Rieussec ran four times last year, he finished a decent 4th on debut to Toronado, and got one better in his next start, when he finished a very strong 3rd, only 1¾ lengths beaten in the end in a wild finish. He was disappointing in his final maiden but clearly upped his game on handicap debut, when he stepped up to 9f as well. He travelled well in soft conditions and finished a fine third again, even though he had no chance with the winner. This form works out really well with four nto winners. Tomorrow is his seasonal reappearance and his yard isn't really firing but I think he has a really good chance to run a big race of a fair enough mark with conditions likely to suit. 20.20 Windsor: Duroble Man @ 7/1 Bet365 - 2pts win Duroble Man is in outstanding form at the moment and he looks to have a fine chance to score again with Duroble Man tomorrow. Ryan Moore is in the saddle, who was just 2x in charge on Varian horses this year - an won on both occasions! Duroble Man showed a bit of promise as a 2yo last year, ran well in two maidens and also with credit on his handicap debut, without setting the world alight though. Tomorrow will be his seasonal reappearance and with Varian in fine form it should be ensured that the horse is fit. What makes him really interesting though is the fact that he's nicely bred actually, sired by Manduro and out of a Listed race winner. Furthermore he steps up in trip in quite dramatic way, from 1m to 12f! This should suit very much according to his pedigree and he should definitely improve for this new trip. If he does then his mark of 72 could be more than lenient anyway.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.