Building a bankroll - 81 games ROI 28.6%

tomahawk1984

It's been a very long time since I posted on here and probably a little longer since I played online poker. I've been considering jumping back into it. Before it was a way of earning a little extra cash at university (I mean little!) but now I'm a proper grown up and although extra cash would be nice I'm going to try doing the one thing I could never do at uni - build a bankroll. Every time I got a little momentum I'd have to withdraw to pay for something else. I've deposited $100 on 888 and I'm going to start with the $5.50 6 man SNGs that pay the top 3 ($15 for 1st, $9 for 2nd and $6 for 3rd. I intend to be in this for the long haul so any movement up the levels will be conservative. Historically I've found finising ITM to be fairly straightforward - it's converting 3rd place into 2nd place that I struggle with. I won't be playing at set times or a certain number of hours per week. I study alongside my job so playing time will vary depending on when I have exams. First session is on the way so I'll post up results afterwards.

Re: Building a bankroll A nice start. Played 12 games, cashed in 8 of them and bankroll is currently $118. My play was pretty solid, can't remember donking away any big pots. Potentially a little active early on. Spotted a couple of players early on that looked very tight and used that to my advantage when the blinds got relatively large. Highlight of the session was getting AA all in preflop on the 2nd hand against two players, both of whom had QQ, to triple up. Caught a couple of beats on the button but that was balanced out by beating JJ with AJ all in preflop. [TABLE=width: 250]

[TR] [TD] Games played [/TD] [TD]

[/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] ITM [/TD] [TD]

66.7%

[/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] ROI [/TD] [TD]

27.3%

[/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] Bankroll [/TD] [TD]

$118.00

[/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]

Finish

[/TD] [TD]

%

[/TD] [TD]

Number

[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]

1st

[/TD] [TD]

33%

[/TD] [TD]

[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]

2nd

[/TD] [TD]

0%

[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]

3rd

[/TD] [TD]

33%

[/TD] [TD]

[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]

4th

[/TD] [TD]

25%

[/TD] [TD]

[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]

5th

[/TD] [TD]

8%

[/TD] [TD]

[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]

6th

[/TD] [TD]

0%

[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [/TR]

[/TABLE] Had a bit more of a think and I'm going to play at least 1,000 games at this level. I'll play a session for as long as I feel fresh but I'll quit whenever I'm ever 4 buyins down in a session and then not play for the rest of that day. Knowing when to quit has been a real issue in the past.

Re: Building a bankroll The good start continues. Played 6 games this morning and cashed in all of them. Unfortunately no 1st place finished. Again I think my play was solid. Gave away 600 chips on a river call when I shouldn't have been anywhere near the hand. Couple of games I scraped into the money and got open called because I was so short. Early doors but the stats are looking to confirm what I suspected - I would be useful to figure out a way of making it past 3rd place more often. [TABLE=width: 280]

[TR] [TD] Games played [/TD] [TD] 18 [/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] ITM [/TD] [TD] 77.8% [/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] ROI [/TD] [TD] 30.3% [/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] Bankroll [/TD] [TD] $130.00 [/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] Finish [/TD] [TD] % [/TD] [TD] Number [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 1st [/TD] [TD] 22% [/TD] [TD] 4 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 2nd [/TD] [TD] 17% [/TD] [TD] 3 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 3rd [/TD] [TD] 39% [/TD] [TD] 7 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 4th [/TD] [TD] 17% [/TD] [TD] 3 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 5th [/TD] [TD] 6% [/TD] [TD] 1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] 6th [/TD] [TD] 0% [/TD] [TD]0[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Building a bankroll - 18 games ROI 30.3% Managed to get about 60 games in over the last couple of days. I've been running really good although. [TABLE=width: 193]

[TR] [TD]Games played[/TD] [TD]77[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]ITM[/TD] [TD]74.0%[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]ROI[/TD] [TD]29.6%[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bankroll[/TD] [TD]$225.50[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] [/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Finish[/TD] [TD]%[/TD] [TD]Number[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1st[/TD] [TD]22%[/TD] [TD]17[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]2nd[/TD] [TD]23%[/TD] [TD]18[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]3rd[/TD] [TD]29%[/TD] [TD]22[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]4th[/TD] [TD]18%[/TD] [TD]14[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]5th[/TD] [TD]5%[/TD] [TD]4[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]6th[/TD] [TD]3%[/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Play on the bubble and with 3 people left was good. Not sure if it was the cards or me being a bit more selective with my actions. Not sure when I'm going to get the chance to play again.

Re: Building a bankroll - 18 games ROI 30.3% Squeezed 4 games in tonight, cashed 3 times (2nd twice, 3rd once). Played OK but ran a couple of hands into monsters, never seen AA slow played so much short handed. At the minute my numbers are probably unsustainably high. I think in the long run I'll be happy with an ROI around 10-15% with ITM percentage somewhere in the region of 65-70%. However, I'm happy to ride the wave for as long as possible. [TABLE=width: 193]

[TR] [TD]Games played[/TD] [TD]81[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]ITM[/TD] [TD]74.1%[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]ROI[/TD] [TD]28.6%[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bankroll[/TD] [TD]$227.50[/TD] [TD] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] [/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Finish[/TD] [TD]%[/TD] [TD]Number[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1st[/TD] [TD]21%[/TD] [TD]17[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]2nd[/TD] [TD]25%[/TD] [TD]20[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]3rd[/TD] [TD]28%[/TD] [TD]23[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]4th[/TD] [TD]19%[/TD] [TD]15[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]5th[/TD] [TD]5%[/TD] [TD]4[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]6th[/TD] [TD]2%[/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Building a bankroll - 18 games ROI 30.3% Played a few games and wasn't doing well. Think I was on the wrong end of some questionable calls on the bubble. For a change of pace I took $20 and tried to spin it up playing cash. Turned out to be a decent decision as I ended up around $200. Bankroll now stands at $438.02.