BBOTD Friday 26th April

5.10 - Plumpton - Smooth Classic @ 5/1 Bet365 Not the first race people will be looking at on a busy days racing but I think David Pipe's runner looks interesting. I thought he was better than the bare result on his debut for the yard in January and felt he would benefit for a slight drop in trip and less stamina testing ground. He was dropped back in trip for his next run but the ground was heavy again and I think it's telling that he hasn't run since. Tomorrows conditions should be more preferable with drier ground and 2m 4f trip. Runs off a mark of 100 which is certainly workable considering his unexposed nature and with Keiron Edgar claiming 8lbs he looks well weighted. In all honesty I was hoping for it to open abit bigger than 5/1 but this race really shouldn't take a lot of winning.

Re: BBOTD Friday 26th April Libertarian 3.15pm Sandown - 1pt WIN - 20-1 Boylesports Only rated 82 but goes straight from a very ordinary maiden into a Group 3 classic trial and I read that they think a lot of this horse. Only rated 82 on form that isn't very strong against horses rated 103, 107 and 109 yet they improve so much at this stage of the season and so many get overrated. The price looks to be too big at 20-1 but the one I fear most is Fantastic Moon. I don't think the track at Ponty would have suited the horse as it dwelt early and was last of the runners turning for home and at the 2f pole. As he found his stride at about the 1f pole he swooped through to win with plenty in hand.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.