Bloomin' Hard Work - is it worth it?

Hello everyone, for my first post I would like to put up my private handicap system. It's bloomin' hard work and takes me ages to work out the system, almost 3 hours for todays racing. I'm just glad there's no sums involved! My system is not a way of handicapping horses, so no sums to do, as I'm rubbish at arithmetic that suits me down to the ground. The aim of the system is to look for decent bets in handicap races. I try to avoid short priced horses. Instead I look for horses with good form, past and/or present. This way I capture horses returning to form or continuing to capitalise on their current abilitiy. Well, that's my thinking anyway. My first step is to gert rid of the absolute no-hopers. So out go all those that failed to finish 3 or more times in last 5 races, though I tend to forgive horses that were pulled-up; so long as they have not fallen or un-seated the poor old Jockey in any of those 5 races. The next step actually gets rid of more than half the runners in most handicap races. This needs some work, delving through the Racing Post website for informatiton not found in the paper version. Now comes the choosing of one clear cut horse for the race. Most of the time this needs little more than a quick glance at one piece of information. Occassionally it is necessary to check another factor to split 2 or 3 horses. Again this takes little more than a glance at a different factor. Very rarely a third, deciding factor need to be considered, can you guess how much effort is needed to determine this? I now have a list of basic system selections, from which to make my betting decisions. From the list of basic system selections I check 2 aspects of the horses standing in the race it is contesting. It must meet one or both to warrent me puting my money on it. Here are the basic system selections for today. Cheltenham 235 Great Oak 310 kells Belle 345 Midnight Chase 420 Close House 455 Mister Matt 600 Arthur's pass Newmarket 545 MASTER MING Ripon 320 CHUNKY DIAMOND 355 PURE EXCELLENCE 430 QUEENS REVENGE 505 RED COBRA 605 ALASKAN BULLET Wolverhampton 520 MUFTARRIES 555 CONFIDENTIAL CREEK 625 FOREST EDGE 725 SHEA 755 EXCELLENT PUCK 825 THE MONGOOSE 855 GREEN MITAS These are the system selections I am going for. Cheltenham 235 GREAT OAK Ripon 320 CHUNKY DIAMOND 430 QUEENS REVENGE 505 RED COBRA Wolverhampton 520 MUFTARRIES My bets are 5% of my betting money, re-calculated after each bet, when there's enough time between races.

Re: Bloomin' Hard Work - is it worth it?

...can you guess how much effort is needed to determine this?
Cry me a river. It takes me 1 hour to do a single race. Would have taken me a full 24 hours to pick all those horses you've just picked! Good luck with this thread :hope

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.