BBOTD Wednesday 17th

cpo

4.20 Beverley Bosun Breeze 1pt win @ 6/1 Bet365 I like the chances of the David Barron horse here as he likes to front run, which is well suited to this track. He returned to action last year in absolutely blinding form winning on his reappearance and then winning 3 of his next 4 starts. His last win came off a mark of 86, which is just 1lb lower than what he is racing off tomorrow. He certainly struggled off marks in the 90’s last year and upped in class but I think he returns tomorrow with everything in his favour. He has already proven his ability to go well fresh as he finished 2nd by a shoulder in 2011 after a break of 168 days and won last year when returning from 244 days off the track. As I have already said he likes to front run, which is well suited to this track. The fast ground is very much in his favour with Graham Gibbons taking the ride who has ridden the horse plenty of times in the past. David Barron doesn’t have that many winners at Beverley, which is a surprise but his runners are in fine form at the moment. The yards better horses in Tres Coronas and Hitchens ran very well at the weekend and they also had a couple of winners yesterday at Newcastle. Although 1lb higher than his highest ever-winning mark, that win did come in a stronger race than this one as he had the likes of Tax Free and Jack Dexter in behind that day. He was better than ever last year and catching him early in the season could be key. David Barron took this race last year with Magical Macey who wasn’t really expected to take a hand but this year they certainly have a much stronger looking contender. Likely favourite for the race is Jamaican Bolt who is rated 95 but he is by Pivotal and showed all of his best form last year with cut in the ground. I would be happy to take him on tomorrow with fast ground expected. Ancient Cross is a horse I like but the yard is struggling at the moment so I am happy to oppose. Swiss Cross has never won over 5f so I am happy to go with Bosun Breeze who will hopefully bang out and attempt to make all.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 17th Sky Lantern 4.05pm Newmarket. 3/1 Coral Boyles PP A true G1-G2 Filly, she was due to go for the darling, and Maureen here, that alone is a better race, and has a very good record for the 1,000, but it was the ground, Ideal will be Good for her, and was'nt guranteed to get it at Newbury. But she will get it tomorrow, a fast drying track, espicially when the wind blows, as it will be over the next 24 hrs. Added to that she has a stable companion in the race, who is good in her own right, but at 3 door down, as only 1 way of running, Go from the gate, Sky lantern should get a nice lead here. Also she was a big gangley looking at times filly, and started to fill out in October, and by all reports she has REALLY filled out, and has been working with the best, doing the best.. If sh dont go off 7/4 or shorter i will be amazed, I know there is weight discrepencies, but she has proved she is top draw, and for me is G1 class, and e/w for the Guineas is not a bad bet either. But 10/10 win bet for today.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.