NGS's In depth Form Study - Take 2 - Discipline, Discipline, Discipline

NGS

Hi I previously had a thread "NGS's Disciplined Deep Form Study - Sticking to the rules" - http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/130483-NGS-s-Disciplined-Deep-Form-Study-Sticking-to-the-rules I started with a bank of 1000 points, doubled it and then started cutting some corners and I just about lost the lot. As of my last post my bank was way down to 173.91 One of the points of my last thread was that I would post all my bets and if and when the bank was done I would walk away from betting. Being honest about it I have placed plenty of bets since I stopped posting them on the forum so have to say I failed but getting back on the wagon as of today and going to recommence with a new thread but with the old balance. When I put the work in I do get results. I also am no longer working at the moment (but still have a mortgage to pay!) so that should keep me on the straight and narrow. So the rules for this thread - 1. Never bet more than 10% of the bank on any race (I appreciate that's a lot). 2. Post all my horse racing bets here. (I do bet occasionally on other sports but it generally involves following others on here rather than my own independent thinking). 3. Stop betting (on anything) if my horse racing bank is bust. Previously I placed most of the bets (either backs or lays) very near the off on Betfair. Now a reasonable proportion of bets will involve taking early prices from Bookies 1st thing or the night before. Especially at Southwell when that approach pays especially well. Usually I'll post detailed reasoning, sometimes I might not. I'm targeting a ROI of over 20% - that may be optimistic but approaching it in that way will help keep me motivated. All the best. NGS

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NGS's In depth Form Study - Take 2 - Discipline, Discipline, Discipline 1st Bet 5.30 at Newcastle Place lay of Steel Stockholder at 2.00 - Risking 16 points to win 15.41 (that obviously being when commission is taken off) This horse was very impressive LTO when winning at Catterick. However, although he didn't get a perfect trip he did get the rail and the competition was fairly unimpressive. Catterick is an unusual track and his record there is 1 win, 2 2nds and a 4th from 4 runs. Newcastle is a very different track - his record there is one win (off a mark of 65) and no placed efforts from 7 runs. His record on galloping tracks generally is poor. Today, as a 7 year old he races off his highest ever mark - 78. There is decent competition - Dick Bos is the likely winner and plenty of others have a chance to fill the places. NGS

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.