Flat Racing 12th April

6.25 Wolverhampton Some pretty poor racing today and this is the only one that remotely interests me and this isn’t particularly strong. Scribe won last time out after a string of respectable efforts, that was a career best effort and despite pulling well clear of a weak field a 6lb penalty requires a lot more in a slightly stronger race also drop in trip a concern. Redoute Star made British debut last week and ran an ok race without setting the world alight may just need some more time yet but one to perhaps keep an eye on. Laylas Boy’s strike rate speaks for itself 1 from 35 on the flat and that was off Southwell off 53, got a bit closer again last time out after a couple more disappointing efforts but up a further 1lb now running off 58 needs to step up. Honest Strike was another comfy winner last time out over further, a 6lb penalty may be enough looking at his previous form and is another that looked to relish the step up in trip so dropping back doesn’t look ideal. Petersboden is still a maiden but has been running better over these sorts of trips recently but the fact remains he clearly struggles to win and hard to back with confidence. I am gonna take a chance on Mr Plod not won since March 2010 off a mark of 56 (had a very light 2012 season just the 2 runs). Has returned from a lengthy layoff in good form on most 2 recent runs has gone back up the handicap by 2lb and now runs off 55 but they have elected to claim off him using the fast improving Robert Tart taking the ride today, that form has a few holes in it with The Blue Dog disappointing next time out (was excuses though) but the 4th has since won off a 1lb lower mark. Wide draw not ideal but this is a weak race with plenty of holes. 2pt win Mr Plod 6/1 bet365

Re: Flat Racing 12th April Really fancy one in the last at Wolver and its a horse thats done me a few favours in the past maybe getting a bit long in the tooth but may still have some more visits to the winning enclosure PERLACHY e/w 14/1 Bet 365. poor form figures but does win from out of form on a cracking weight and has a good 3lb claimer on top who won on him on turf goes well at the track and a wide draw for this horse aint a problem having won several times from seemingly poor draws may be a bit better at 5f but has won 5 times over 6f will be held up and has a finish kick. 14 looks good value to me and is one to keep an eye on will pop up soon!!