BBOTD Tuesday 2nd

5.20 Southwell Bentley 1pt win @ 10/1 Bet365 You have to go back 2 years for this horses last win, which came over CD off a mark of 65. He is rated 52 now with the talented Robert Tart taking off a further 5lbs. He is certainly well treated on previous form but he has to put a poor run behind him at Wolverhampton last time out. His 2 runs before that however were very encouraging finishing 2nd both times over CD under Robert Tart. Philip Prince took the ride last time out so its a positive that Robert Tart is back on board tomorrow. He has had a couple of weeks off since his latest run which should have freshened him up. The trainer is in decent enough form with some of horses running well of late. I think the favourite tomorrow is a poor one despite the recent form of the stable. I flagged it up earlier the poor record of Compton Admirals progeny on the surface so to me he is a massive negative on this surface.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 2nd 2.50 Southwell Med Sea looks plenty high enough in the weights at present and requires a career best effort now. Stentorian has been going close last twice, his hold up style not guaranteed to suit around here although a small field will help if they go a good enough gallop. This mark is starting to look high enough and unless this surface brings about more improvement unlikely to win today. Sommersturm has been going well since joining this yard but 3 previous tries here have been massively below par and looked held last time out aswell off new mark suggests looking elsewhere. Discay doesn’t look completely straightforward and I am surprised to not see some headgear tried, only 3lb higher for winning over this course over 2f less 2 starts back. Not sure step up in trip ideal and remains one to tread carefully with. Low Key has shown nothing to date on these shores. Calculating might prove hard to beat having returned to form in style last time out over slightly further in a more competitive handicap. Effectively only 4lb higher under penalty. He is a regular around here with 6 wins here and this trip absolutely fine too. Has won off much much higher marks in the past. 1pt win Calculating 9/4 pp

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.