Flat Racing 30th March

1.55 Doncaster Typically strong renewal of the Spring Mile full of plenty of exposed and unexposed sorts which makes this a very interesting race. Gaul Wood is lightly raced and going the right way when last seen, not beaten far in a decent conditions race in soft conditions at Ascot, but is a slight concern he perhaps doesn’t look at home in soft conditions. Myboyalfie will relish testing conditions last seen finishing 5th off revised mark having won 2 handicaps, this mark looks within reach if he is ready to run and yard appears in good form. Educate another lightly raced sort who is progressing very quickly last seen winning his last 2 starts including in desperate conditions over 1m2f at York, stamina clearly his thing so drop back in trip a slight concern but yard seem very shrewd so folly to dismiss. Nameitwhatyoulike another that was last seen winning his final 2 starts in soft conditions, up 5lb for those wins, ran well on reappearance last year but not always the most consistent so not guaranteed to pick things up where he left off. Yojimbo ran a career best on final start last year over CD in similar conditions, up 5lb and always struggled off higher marks record fresh also not that great. He beat Dubai Hills that day by 2 1/2lengths but Dubai Hills is 3lb better off under his penalty for winning 2 handicaps at Southwell recently proving him in good heart and although not as good on turf handles cut and gets to run off a lower mark drawn in the middle. He won his race in the Lincoln in 2011 on the far side off a mark of 95 running off 87 under his penalty today and he should once more run his bold honest race. 1pt e/w Dubai Hills 12/1 pp 2.20 Kempton Burano has failed to show much in Dubai this winter and this higher level but has run well in handicaps over there though so perhaps a return to handicaps the best move. Cai Shen is largely consistent although slightly quirky on lengthy losing run although not beaten far last time out in winter derby although strictly speak has something to find on the fast improving Robin Hoods Bay. Genzy looks to need further but closely matched on form with Cai Shen based on his last run. Marcet needs to take big step forward on his run last time out in Winter Derby. Tinshu is reliable but probably not as good as she once was and usually one or two too good at this level. Miblish might be slightly flattered on his neck second to Plantuer last time out, if backing that up though has a solid chance. Robin Hoods Bay has progressed well this winter, he travels like a classy animal very strongly often too keen sometimes. Only beaten 1/2 length behind the classy Farraaj in the Winter Derby last time out only a repeat of that would see him go extremely close. 2pt win Robin Hoods Bay 11/4 VC 2.55 Kempton Rosebury Handicap and a very good looking renewal but with 16 runners on the polytrack you do need a certain degree of luck in the run. Spifer finally got his head back in front on penultimate start off a mark of 85, ran another good race behind Robin Hoods Bay last time out although he never completely convinces me he goes through with his effort. This yard have clearly got him near his best again but he is tricky and does need delivering extremely late which comes with plenty of risks attached. Also up another 4lb for that second last time out. Greylami also bounced back to form behind Spifer last time out, he is on a long losing run but mark is below his last winning mark whether he is completely suited to a big field is my concern. Tepmokea ran a cracker behind Planteur last time out that perhaps was the strongest piece of form and harshly hit with a 5lb rise in the handicap which requires a career best effort now. Buckland has relished the step up in trip this winter and has really found his form under this jockey. Winning convincingly again last time out over slightly further at lingfield small step back in trip shouldn’t be a problem and a 5lb rise looks fair. Well drawn in stall 1 to sit prominent again and should be bang there. 2pt e/w Buckland 7/1 VC 4.05 Kempton A really strong conditions race. Stirring Ballad won a maiden and 3 handicaps in a row last summer, finishing off at Chester getting a good draw and run of the race but even so that was a good race, up 7lb for that effort so a mark of 96 leaves her needing to find more but clearly has more to come just depends how much. Belgian Bill and Dance and Dance and some way clear on official figures and matched themselves. Belgian Bill has fitness on his side having raced in Meydan but has shown very little. Goes well on this polytrack surface tho so a return to that will help and should go well if anywhere near his best. But I am going to take Dance and Dance who I think should have a good summer. He is a classy sort that enjoys big fields and wont want to be held up off a slow pace around here but I think they will go a decent gallop here, struggled at a much higher level last year but was a good 2nd in Diomed Stakes Group 3 at Epsom last year when fresh. Has a superb record fresh so should be a worry here and yard had a winner last week and running at a 23% strike rate so far this spring. 4pt win Dance and Dance

Re: Flat Racing 30th March 15.05 Doncaster: Bancnuanaheireann @ 33/1 Boylesports - 1pt win Bancnuanaheireann ran some fine races last year, finishing 4th in the Cambridgeshire in addition to some other fine performances in competitive handicaps. I'm really interested in him because of his most recent performance though, which came at Lingfield in December. He got a real horror run there in the home straight, having been badly hampered, what cost him every chance to win the race. Yet he picked up very well again and finished in eye-catching fashion. I would assume he would have gone very close with a clear run, maybe even would have won it, and would be for that reason a couple of pounds higher in the mark than he does tomorrow actually. Bancnuanaheireann also goes pretty well on soft ground, a vital ability tomorrow I suppose. He didn't run since this Lingfield race again, but I have no doubt that he'll be fit for this big race. His trainer is in good form as well in recent weeks, so there are loads of things to like about his chance and I think he'll run a huge race. Price is massive anyway. 17.10 Kempton: Ready @ 5/1 VC - 3pts win This speedy gelding caught my eye for the first time when he appeared for the first time on the All-Weather at Lingfield in November, winning in really good style. He clearly looked like a horse that has much more to offer and indeed he followed up in impressive fashion a couple of days later winning in a conditions stakes at the same track. The form works out well enough and the time figures speaking in his favour but I was yet again really impressed by the visual part of this performance in particular as it was the case in his start before as well. Both times he produced a lovely turn of foot in a way you don't get to see it too often on the All-Weather. He steps up to a mile now, a trip he should get actually if I take in to consideration how he finished his races the last two times. While he's by a speedy sire there is also a good deal of stamina on the dam side as his mother was a multiple winner over 10f on the All-Weather. So I think there is a fair chance that he'll get the trip, it should even bring out further improvement and there is way more to come anyway I feel. His current handicap mark could be lenient in my mind.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.