Backing players to win a tournament and lay and trade the same players in each round

While browsing through the tennis section of punters lounge I read that one punter likes to back players to win a tournament while laying in the rounds leading up to the final. As anyone tried this strategy ie back Selby, O'Sulivan, Trump and Higgins for £50 each to win in the Snooker world championship tournament and then lay each individual match for say £75 from the first round onward.I am sure that in the 1st couple of rounds most favorites would be odds on and because most matches are never one sided you could reduce your liability during the games by using £25 of the £75 . Would like to hear from punters who use this strategy and stakes used I am not sure how this tournament is run ie Are the players seeded, if so it would be quite handy to select 4 players that would not meet each other until the semi finals If there is any interest I might run this strategy in the snooker on the 20th April.