Those pesky 2 year olds

cpo

I know betting on 2 year old races aren't exactly everyones cup of tea but I do find they can often be very profitable. If you get a good 2 year old maiden, you will often find the form of the race stacks up well and several winners can be found from one race. You also have certain angles you can look for in 2 year olds such as age, pedigree, trainer and there are probably others that I can't think of right now. This isn't a system or anything but more of a place for any 2 year old backers out there to air their views. I do like trying to pinpoint potential group horses at the earliest stage possible and another thing I have found quite profitable in recent years is taking on short priced 2 years old on their 2nd run. I am pretty sure it was a guy called Nick Millard on Ladbrokes radio who used to take on a 2 year old that showed promise first time up and was shorter than 2/1 on its 2nd start. I have stuck with it ever since and its surprised me how many of them get turned over. Yes I will be posting bets in this thread but I don't intend on starting off with a bank. Just going to keep a running profit/loss so basically start at 0pts. I thought the Brocklesby winner was very impressive last Friday and clearly knew his job first time up. Bill Turner does target the race but this horse showed an excellent turn of foot in the conditions. The trainer believes he is Royal Ascot class but only time will tell. Saburo on the other hand that won for Jim Bolger on Sunday may well be one to follow throughout this season. They have already mapped out his season as he is going the same route that Dawn Approach took last year. I believe it's next step Naas for him. As with all Jim Bolger horses he too knew his job first time up and could be anything. Whether he is as good as Dawn Approach, I very much doubt but he could easily be a group horse.

Re: Those pesky 2 year olds Looking at tomorrow there is a 2 year old maiden at Wolverhampton, which is quite interesting. There is one horse in the line up with a race under her belt and she certainly showed promise on her debut at Lingfield. The horse in question is Outback Lover who was slowly away on debut, pulled hard and had to race wide throughout. She finished off her race well and could come on a bundle for that run. It was a couple of days ago so there has to be a doubt as to whether or not she will run but if she takes her chance, she would certainly interest me with that experience advantage. Will have to wait until the prices come out in the morning but she could be worth a bet. The other one that is interesting is the Mick Channon trained Memory Styx ​ who cost the most in the line up by some way. She is related to several winners and her trainer normally has quite a few first time up winners every season. I would expect her to know her job first time up. One of smaller interest is Far Gaze who was taken out of the Brocklesby due to the ground. He is the oldest horse in the line up by a matter of days and is the stablemate of Outback Lover. He is American bred so should enjoy racing on the all weather surface and would appear to be first choice for the yard. As with all 2 year old races, the market can often tell you plenty so will wait for the prices in the morning before deciding on a bet.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.